Author Topic: Mounteney  (Read 1922 times)

Offline trainbleu

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mounteney
« on: Thursday 03 August 06 17:42 BST (UK) »
I've looked and looked for this half-brother and sister in the 1891 census, but no luck at all. There are so many spelling and abbreviation combinations that I don't think I shall ever find them:

Florence Lydia Mounteney   born 1875  Nottingham
George Edward Robert Mounteney  born 1890 Nottinghamshire (Gedling)

They could be in London with relations, or maybe anywhere I'm thinking now!

Thanks for any help.

Offline Jane Eden

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Mounteney
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 03 August 06 20:53 BST (UK) »
Hi

I can only find her in the 1881 and 1901. Have you got the birth details , parents addresses and occupations? Also the other 3 children of RT and EL? If not let me know.

Jane
Notts: Burrows, Comery, Foster, Beeson.
Derbys: Burrows, Comery, Smith  Lincs: King. 

Information contained within Census Lookups is Crown Copyright:  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline trainbleu

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 03 August 06 21:17 BST (UK) »
They were not apparently with their parents on the date of the census. F's mother, EL, was dead. Father, RT remarried E, who was GER's mother. There were other children from both marriages, places of birth not accurate!
I have everything except their whereabouts on that 1891 census. I have spent absolutely ages on it. Just wondered if someone might have a brainwave....
I do wonder if they were with friends or relatives who did not bother to tell the enumerator. F appears to have a habit of being somewhere else on census days!

Offline Jane Eden

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 03 August 06 22:55 BST (UK) »
Hi

Sorry I did not welcome you to Rootschat! Welcome you have found the best site.

I have checked the 1891 for Wales and the Channel Islands as well for F*. Also 1891 for Gedling,  Nottingham for F*.  Also for marriage of Bertha and Lucy Mildred Mount*.

Is there any more background. Did she not marry? When did she die? Do you know all her addresses - I have 1881 37 Addison St and 1901 visiting 23 Radcliffe Road.

Do you know Nottm? Are you local?

I wonder where she lived when her father remarried? When did he marry Emma? When did Emma die? Do you realise he may have married a 3rd time to Charlotte Prowse, 20/1/1898 at N-R? Unless this is a younger RTM. (Nottm St Matthew).

It is driving me mad now!

Jane
Notts: Burrows, Comery, Foster, Beeson.
Derbys: Burrows, Comery, Smith  Lincs: King. 

Information contained within Census Lookups is Crown Copyright:  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline trainbleu

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 04 August 06 10:39 BST (UK) »
Thanks! She did marry later, but it's just where she and GER were on that night in 1891. His mother Emma was a Pettitt from Westminster, and there is a suggestion that they were with E's parents, but father George was dead, and stepmother Sarah (they all seemed to marry at least twice) was with her other children.
Yes, we know about Charlotte. Surnames etc get mixed up, whoever filled in the census in 1901 did not seem to be sure who was born where and to whom. Also, Walter F Pellett is a Pettitt I'm sure.
In the winter I am going to go into it all even deeper (if I can). It's my aunt's aunt and father, no actual blood relation to me.
Cheers.

Offline trainbleu

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 04 August 06 10:41 BST (UK) »
PS  yes, I'm from Nottingham, but live just over the border past Newark. I haven't lost touch though, as my son and family still live there and we visit etc at least once every few weeks.