Author Topic: Lancashire Records of Machester and Salford Reform School  (Read 3272 times)

Offline sabrina

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Lancashire Records of Machester and Salford Reform School
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 12 August 06 04:41 BST (UK) »
Dotty
First of all, Albert Ashworth married Amelia Schofield Sept 1/4 1874 Rochdale 8e 77.  Is there anywhere you can look at these records to see who their fathers were, without buying a certificate.
In the 1861 census William and Ann were at Town Mill Bro?, Spotland, Rochdale.
1871 census: 1Whittlas Place, M(W)ardleworth, Rochdale
1881 census: Burton St., Castleton, Rochdale. Are these places all the same, do you know?
The IGI shows some of the children from the census as chr. at St.Chads, Rochdale - plus some children not on the census (maybe dead).
Why do they keep changing the name of everywhere?
There were quite a lot of William Ashworths married to Ann's in the early 1850.  I think from looking, this William and Ann were married 1846. Her name maybe Ann Chadwick.

Sabrina

Offline goggy

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 12 August 06 04:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Sabrina and Dotty!
youv'e just reminded me of an Uncle who was birched as a boy,and still bore the scar's long after.
This is a subject that might help me to find more detail's of his life .

I will see if A2A help's.Thank you for that memory jog!
               Goggy. ;) ;D

Offline ian C Patterson

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 01 July 23 03:29 BST (UK) »
from a new member - Albert Ashworth was my G/G.F. i i have marriage cert to amelia schofield dated July 6 1874, his parents William Ashworth & Ann Rigg marriage cert . notes 17 th march 1851 Rochdale neith could write . Albert & Amelia had Frank Scholfield 1872 took name of Ashworth , Henry Basil 1878/1947 Elizabeth ann 1883-?.....  Albert Arrived Brisbane on ship Cloncurry 1 st January 1885 (self only ) had met an Irish girl Elizabeth Scotton ship married 4t April 1885 had 5 children 1 died in 1st year Albert died 1919 Toowong Cem.Elizabeth died 1922 buried together , son Henry Bazil arrive Brisbane 1903 with wife , had large family in Brisbane , further info if required .       signed Aussie