Author Topic: Taylor, Harriet 1918 St Pancras. Death Certificate.  (Read 2400 times)

Offline Silvilocks

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Taylor, Harriet 1918 St Pancras. Death Certificate.
« on: Saturday 05 August 06 14:48 BST (UK) »
18th May 1918. Harriet Taylor of17 Model Buildings, Pakenham Street. St Pancras district, sub-district South St. Pancras. Aged 90. Died from chronic nephritis and heart failure. Widow of Thomas Tayor, brewer's cellarmen. Registered by F Ford, granddaughter, of 95 Cromwell Road Kensington.

How many Harriet Taylors aged 90+ could there be in St. Pancras  ??? AND with a granddaughter named F Ford.

Phooey!!

If any of this Harriet's descendant's come across this - I've checked, and we're definitely not connected.

Silvilocks
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline AlanR

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Taylor, Harriet 1918 St Pancras. Death Certificate.
« Reply #1 on: Monday 05 April 10 15:16 BST (UK) »
Just came across this posting.

Sorry she is not your relative, but she is mine!!!
Are you Francis ?

What threw me is the witness (Florrie) giving the wrong husbands name.
Not surprising when its remembered that Harriet's husband Henry died before Florrie was born.
The confirmation about addresses came in the 1911 census, and some letters written by a vicar in 1907.
Thomas Taylor was Harriet's brother, who I think lived with her in later life.

Offline Silvilocks

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Taylor, Harriet 1918 St Pancras. Death Certificate.
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 06 April 10 14:30 BST (UK) »
Yup, it's me  ;D

I panicked when I saw there was a reply on this as a) I'd forgotten I'd posted the cert on here b) I'd more or less decided it was the right one, so I DON'T want to rehome it and c) I'm decorating and don't know where any family history papers are at the moment! As you can tell from that, everything is much as usual here  ::)

Thanks for confirming it's the right cert. I say I'd pretty much thought it must be right, but I seem to remember something really niggling at me, that suggested it wasn't - can't remember what now. I know it would have been before the 1911 census became available that I last looked at it, and I still haven't done much with the Ford side on the 1911 yet (too busy uncovering scandals on dad's side of the family ;D), so hopefully I'll tie up the loose ends when I do get back to it. Don't know when that will be, as I seem to have less free time now that I'm not working than I had when I was  ???

We never did arrange to meet up again - want to drop me an email and have another try? I unearthed a few more photos recently (OK, last year) and I had every intention of scanning them and sending you copies, but you know where good intentions lead .....  ;)

Frances
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk