Author Topic: 1841 question  (Read 6775 times)

Offline mallow

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 question
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 08 August 06 19:30 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much Mary for all that information :) I will study it carefully and do as you suggested. A last question Mary do you think I should dismiss the 1841 Rotten Row Sarah  Allsopps as definitely not Alfred siblings?

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 08 August 06 21:08 BST (UK) »
I would never dismiss anything without proof, but I can't comment on the Rotten Row entry as I haven't seen it.  This is the first I've heard of it and don't know where it would be - Staffordshire? or the one in London?  What makes you think she might be his sibling?

Please bear in mind that although I've tried to give you as much information as I can find, there is no guarantee that they are the correct families, assumptions might be made based on geographical locations and occupations but you will need birth and marriage details to confirm other family members.

Mary
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline mallow

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 09 August 06 00:22 BST (UK) »
Thank you Mary, the one I was looking at was one near where Alfred  was lodging  in Lichfield staffordshire, in  the 1841 census, the other was found when in desperation I was on the IGI site and I just put into the box as you can do, looking for an Alfred with a father called Thomas and the only place one came up was Cambridge ,but again nothing definite  so i will go along with your first advice.