Author Topic: Descendants of Charles Gideon WINTER?  (Read 19820 times)

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Descendants of Charles Gideon Winter?
« Reply #45 on: Friday 11 August 06 07:36 BST (UK) »
Hello again

Sorry to be the cause of so much excitement while I was sleeping!

I have had another look at Elizabeth's age in 1851 and it could well be 10 (not 15).  At first glance the long trailing edge looked like the 'cap' of the 5, but there is also a joining loop on the left, so 10 it is!

You are right that the 1851 did give precise ages (in theory!), so rounding should not be an issue.

Arranroots - off to the optician!!

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline fyremoon

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Friday 11 August 06 07:55 BST (UK) »
Hello all!

Jenn, I didn't see your part of the post about Timothy being b. in 1848 - it must be William's son then, and you're right about Elizabeth Rogers Winter as well, so thank you very much for finding all that info and clearing things up there.  As for Timothy's marriage, well we've only got CGW's letter, who knows. 

Arranroots, I'll update the other board with the new info - see what happens while you're sleeping! lol

L x

Offline tropicalj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • six grandkids
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Friday 11 August 06 08:01 BST (UK) »
hello there leigh
I have looked high and low  for a marriage for timothy  but no luck

he was single on the 1891 census then  has deid in the first qtr of  1895  followed by his dad in the second qtr

regards jenn
When you search for ancestors, you find great friends!
I live in Townsville researching
TOWNSEND,PINNEGAR, STRANGE, PULLEN, GRIFFIN from Wiltshire,,
SHOEBRIDGE, VINALL, BRINDLE, Kent
BAYLEY, Dorset,Yorkshire,
HAIR, Durham,
CUMMINS, BROWNLESS from Yorkshire,
EDSALL,  Cornwall,
MORGAN, HENNESSY, BAKER,  Ireland.
VAN REYK Sri Lanka
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.au

Offline fyremoon

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Friday 11 August 06 08:15 BST (UK) »
Hmm.. well it ties in with what CGW says about him and his father dying 'not long after' (the alledged marriage to this woman who supposedly takes over), but who knows... by then Charles was in Aust, maybe the story got mixed up somewhere along the line.

Thanks for having a look!

Leigh x

Offline kelycarolynmac

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Thursday 28 October 10 07:58 BST (UK) »
I have just started looking into my family history and came across  your post about Charles Gideon Winter.  He was my great grandfather and Noel Stephen Winter was my grandfather.
You can find Charles and Adas burial details on
http://www.ozburials.com/CemsWA/Busselton/b_whisky.htm
I also have a pedigree and copies of other parts of the family tree , also photos that I can email copies of to you if you would like them.
My email address is (*)

Moderator Comment: email address removed to help prevent spam and other abuses as per RootsChat Policy. Please use our secure PM personal message) system to share email addresses and other abuses. Thank You.

Note: New members need to make 3 posting before the PM system is fully functional

Offline deeiluka

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mrs Dee & me.......
    • View Profile
Re: Descendants of Charles Gideon WINTER?
« Reply #50 on: Friday 29 October 10 10:38 BST (UK) »
Hello kelycarolynmac,

Welcome to Rootschat.   :)

As mentioned in the previous moderation of your post, you need to make 3 posts before you can send a personal message via the Rootschat Personal Message system to fyremoon. You can do that on this thread just by replying to this message and then adding another brief message to the thread.

Hopefully, however, fyremoon will have received email notification of your post, and will send you a personal message with an email address, so that you can be in contact more easily.

Good luck,

Dee    :)
Steeles, Burton, Garrod (Norfolk), Clarke, Tomblin (Rutland)
Bauer (London, France), Blades, Parker (Surrey)
Edwards, Coles, Smith, Nunley, Craddock, York, & Linnell (Northants) )
Ehmcke, Deimel, Appelkamp (Germany)
Watts (Somerset, Wiltshire) Selway, Churchill, & Chappell (Somerset)
Redwood (Devon, Essex) Button, Archer, Leach (Cambridgeshire)

Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Vallie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday 09 November 10 10:38 GMT (UK) »
I am related to Ada Winter (nee Sleightholm), she was my great aunt.  I would be interested to hear from anyone that has information about her and her husband Charles.

Ada was the 7th daughter of Robert and Jessie Sleightholm nee Laidlaw.  Robert was a stone mason from Scarborough, he came to Tasmania, farmed and built bridges, a church and buildings.  He married Jessie in Tasmania.

Ada came from a large family of 12.  She was a school teacher as many of her siblings, she taught at St. Patricks River in Tasmania before her marrige to Charles.  To my knowledge she was the only daughter to live in W.A.
Sleightholm, Tremayne, Conroy, Mitter,

Offline fyremoon

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday 09 November 10 22:44 GMT (UK) »
to Vallie: I have nothing at all about Ada, I'm sorry I can't help you there... but hopefully someone can, perhaps kelycarolynmac who is Ada's great grandchild has more info on that branch

to kelycarolynmac: I have tried contacting you via pm and email, I'd be happy to swap info :)

Leigh

Offline Vallie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday 10 November 10 09:09 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Leigh for your reply to my message. 

Hope your research is going well.

Sleightholm, Tremayne, Conroy, Mitter,