Author Topic: Siblings of James Rogers, Cambs  (Read 4522 times)

Offline anneb

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Siblings of James Rogers, Cambs
« Reply #9 on: Monday 07 August 06 20:35 BST (UK) »
Ellen Dewsberry seems to have had at least four children

Elsie bpt 15th April 1900, bur 18th June 1900 aged 4 months d of Herbert and Ellen of Oxlode

Florence Ellen bpt 30th Mar 1902 d of Herbert Edward and Ellen

Sidney Edward bpt 3rd Apr 1904-Father's name is given as Albert Edward  Dewsberry

21st Oct 1906 Herbert John s of Albert Edward and Ellen

Offline ke

• RootsChat Extra
  • Rogers Motto "nos nostraque deo"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 07 August 06 21:24 BST (UK) »
wow thanks, thats some great info anne, where did u find that data? from baptism records? thats also given me a good idea of where they would be buried, perhaps i will check out oxlode when im down in visiting my mum and dad in cambs next week.

thanks for your help,

ke :)
Rogers,Arnett, Day,Wilkin, Gill, Leach, Harper, Dewsbury, Johnson, Thompson. (All from Cambridgeshire).

Y DNA: R1b DF27(Iberian Celtic)

Offline anneb

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 07 August 06 21:49 BST (UK) »
Yes-I have the Parish records on fiche-I'll look up burials tomorrow if you like-

Offline ke

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 07 August 06 22:02 BST (UK) »
yeh that would be brill thanks anne, i was mostly curious as to whether Elsie died as a baby, if you could check that out it would be great thanks. :)
cos on the data you posted it says "bur 18th June 1900 aged 4 months d of Herbert and Ellen of Oxlode" i presume bur means buried, and that she died?

Also curious about the other daughter called maud, she married a man with the name Lightfoot in 1912, in ely i think. wondered if they had any children too, my family tree has grown lots since ive joined this site! :D

also where any dewsbury descendents might be living today, but i dont know how i would find that one out!

thanks anne your a star!

ke:)
Rogers,Arnett, Day,Wilkin, Gill, Leach, Harper, Dewsbury, Johnson, Thompson. (All from Cambridgeshire).

Offline anneb

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 08 August 06 16:18 BST (UK) »
Yes Elsie died as a baby-she's in the burials.

The PRs on fiche only go up to the late 1940s but have found Herberts burial at Downham on 19th Mar 1948

Can't find Maud's marriage in Downham PRs so she may have married in Ely .

Found marriage for Florence Ellen on Feb 19th 1921 -
Thompson Alfred 27 bac farm lab of Oxlode s of Cornelius
Dewsbury Florence Ellen 19 sp of 100ft Bank Coveney d of Herbert lab

If you are searching for living Dewsbury descendants you could see if Downham has a village website and post a message- Littleport certainly has one so it might be worth trying that

Offline ke

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 08 August 06 16:43 BST (UK) »
yeh thanks anne! helpful stuff, im just trying to find my other relative now, Sarah Thompson, she married in 1909 but i cant find out who! its either a ward or a muriel. as there were two marriages in 1909 both called sarah thompson and both in ely, guess i will need to look for the one born in downham? 

where do u look all the baptisms and burials up? can u get any of it on cd-rom?

thanks for your help,

ke :)