Author Topic: Family grave Whittle-le-Woods  (Read 4054 times)

Offline pippalew

• I am sorry my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Member
  • Hannah Slater
    • View Profile
Re: Family grave Whittle-le-Woods
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 13 August 06 18:35 BST (UK) »
Thanks so much for trying! I was there this afternoon! I got the two Slaters, they aren't mine. Where on earth might they be?

I also got the two Tyrers and an extra Tyrer up at the top on a big communal type stone.
It was only after I had mooched round taking pics that I saw the sign requesting people to stay off the graves, only close family members allowed!! I had visions of being chased off by an irate priest... So i have some pictures of all the Tyrer graves if you want them Matt. Ping me and I'll e-mail them to your e-mail. Thanks again Audrey. x
Lewis  -  Manchester/Salford, Bowness
Brown -  Chorley, Whittle le Woods
Sheldon - Barton, Salford, Macclesfield
Shepley - Barton, Eccles, Salford
McCabe - Eccles, Salford, New South Wales

Cemeteries and Local History Preservation

Offline xtonaud

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 13 August 06 19:02 BST (UK) »
You're welcome Pippa - pity we didn't meet up - I too saw the sign when I was just checking not to have missed any!
I suppose it could be Chorley cemetry, which needs a library consultation due to size. I get "strays" as I transcribe Euxton parish registers and wonder about people maybe searching in vain in their home towns etc.
Burial plot checks of St Chad's might confirm they're elsewhere. Also I've had some "R.C." and "Papist" burials recorded in Euxton - any chance yours could be in the Whittle  graves of St John's ?
Happy searching - I'm only app 8/10 miles from Whittle so shout if I can help

Audrey
census records are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Harrison; Iddon; Jolly; Laithwaite; Livesey; Pilkington; Robinson; Shorrock ; Smith - Lancashire;  Boden; Morgan ;   - Shropshire/Montgomeryshire; Cragg ; Shepherd - Westmorland

Offline matt8

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 13 August 06 21:28 BST (UK) »
Audrey,- thanks so much for looking for the graves - much appreciated.
The Tyrers you found are not quite the ones I am looking for althought there may be a connection, especially the Richard. I will check some of my records.

Pippa- I would love to see the photos. Thank you very much. I will send you a private message and give you my e-mail.

Thanks again to you both. I must say this is a very friendly forum. If you ever need any help give me a shout.

Regards
Matt
Shelton, Tyrer, Thomas, Hayman, Thomas, Barker, Lowe, Beershaw

Offline xtonaud

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 18 August 06 22:46 BST (UK) »
No problem Matt, sorry we didn't get a match.

Audrey
census records are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Harrison; Iddon; Jolly; Laithwaite; Livesey; Pilkington; Robinson; Shorrock ; Smith - Lancashire;  Boden; Morgan ;   - Shropshire/Montgomeryshire; Cragg ; Shepherd - Westmorland