Author Topic: cambridge family  (Read 4405 times)

Offline kenlau

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
cambridge family
« on: Sunday 31 October 04 19:40 GMT (UK) »
researching the cambridge family:Thomas born 1827-27 Carrickmacross, married catherine taft brown Mar. 23, 1853 St james Church,Dublin,joined Leicestershire  Regiment,fought at Sebastopol, came to canada and raised family in Quebec.Fathers name :john...any info would help

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
Re: cambridge family
« Reply #1 on: Friday 07 January 05 23:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kenlau

Sorry we haven't been able to help you so far on this one. 

Have you made any progress,  or do you have any further details that could help someone to find what you are looking for?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes 

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kenlau

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 09 February 05 19:44 GMT (UK) »
 do not have other info to offer presently as I already have all history since he arrived in canada.I am mainly interested in his brothers and sisters as well as his parents

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 24 May 06 16:34 BST (UK) »
Hiya Kenlau,

I tried Griffiths Valuation of Ireland for the surname Cambridge in Co. Monaghan www.failteromhat.com There was no one with that surname shown as a head of a household in Co. Monaghan at that time although there was a John in the small town of Dromore, Co. Tyrone in 1851. There was also a John at Peter's Church Lane, Cork in the Parish of St Peter in 1851-3. If John was still living and had moved then a move to Tyrone would make more sense to me than a move to Cork.

Would the church where Thomas and Catherine married be St James Church, Crinken, Dublin? It is a Church of Ireland (Anglican Church) built in 1840. www.crinken.com I will go back to the drawing board if you tell me they were of the Catholic persuasion. Catherine's second given name Taft indicates that there may be a Taft connection. The Valuation offered a William Taft in Co. Antrim in 1861-2.

All the Best, Christopher