Author Topic: Winifred Burke- Co Galway.-  (Read 3512 times)

Offline Faysie

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Winifred Burke- Co Galway.-
« on: Wednesday 09 August 06 10:31 BST (UK) »
I am in need of assistance or guidance in trying to locate my GG Grandmother's birth and her parents or siblings.. I have little information but below is all I have... I do hope that SKS wil be able to point me in a direction or give me some advice of where to begin my search.

My GG Grandmother's name was Winifred Burke born Circa 1820-23??. I am led to understand her parents were Patrick Burke/Bourke?? and Mary Ward. Patrick was a Miller.. Winifred was of The Roman Catholic Faith.

Winifred was  a 20 year old Kitchen maid when she was convicted at Galway on April 6, 1840 for stealing clothes and sentenced to 7 years Transportation to New South Wales Australia.. arriving here on the Vessel " Margaret(3) " on August 7th 1840.

She married my GG Grandfather James Sach/Saich also a Convict from Co Essex England in 1841 and had 4 sons.... James died and Winifred re-married another Convict by the name of Richard Fritchley... strangely Winifred called herself Elizabeth at the time of her 2nd Marriage to Richard... However on her Death Certificate it states she was buried "Winifred " as was her Christian name and came from County Galway Ireland .

I am desperately seeking any help in trying to trace my GG Grandmother... I have no records or other information on her Trial..

Sincerely
Faysie
Australia
Sach/Saich- Essex.
Kent & North Family - Hampshire.
Burke- Co Galway Ireland
Sharp/e- Sth Kyme-Pinchbeck & Blankney, Spalding- Lincolnshire, also Dorrington , Holland fen & Leicestershire.
Peck, Welbourn & Leadenha Lincolnshire
Plowright - Pinchbeck. Lincolnshire
Higman & Seldon Family- Stoke Damerol. Devon.
Freebody -Middlesex-London
Gravel- Prestwich. Manch-Lancashire
Fraser/Frazer- Salford  Manch Lancashire &  Staffordshire
Berry- Bollington. Cheshire
Micklethwaite -Stalybridge & Tintwhistl