Author Topic: Anne Davies Llandulas  (Read 5147 times)

Offline SooCatt

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Norman
    • View Profile
Anne Davies Llandulas
« on: Thursday 10 August 06 19:43 BST (UK) »
Help!
Can anyone help me track down Anne Davies born 1892 daughter of William Davies, who was a farmer in 1921 when Anne married George Jeffries in Abergele.  At that time George was a chauffer at Tan Rallt Hall Llandulas and Anne was resident at Llysdulas, Llandulas.

I have found a couple of 'possibles' on the 1901 cencus but none that really fit.  There is some possibility that Anne had a brother Walter and sister Jane.

Does anyone have access to baptism records?  Or can you tell me which Register Office would have birth records for this area?  There are a few Anne Davies on the GRO at about the right time and I don't want to have to send for them all.

Be glad of any info at all - anything !!

Thanks
Susan
Crampton, Cook,  Bell, Pinkney, Curry, Duffey, Marshall, Smurthwaite, Urwin - Durham/North Yorks
Harrison - Northumberland
Rowland, Nicholson, Sneaton - Whitby
Athey, Ball, Lamb, Handley, Rymer, Duffey, Pool, Stringer, Wilkinson, Varley - West Yorks
Fisher - Essex

Cencus information is Crown Copyright, from "http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline titch

• RootsChat Member
  • member of both Gwynedd and Clwyd Family History
    • View Profile
Re: Anne Davies Llandulas
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 10 August 06 19:56 BST (UK) »
Hello,
The church records of births marriages and deaths for both Llanddulas and Abergele can be found in  Denbighshire record office.
http://www.denbighshire.gov.uk/ll/LifeLong.nsf/($All)/A3812426165ABD4D80256FB7005391B8?OpenDocument
They have an electronic catalogue on the internet and a contact email if you need their help.
I shall look up the register office for that area for you.
Titch
Williams, Roberts, Jones, in Merioneth,  Flintsshire, Denbigh and Caernarfonshire, Hughes in Caernarfonshire and Liverpool , Arnold, Mongomeryshire, Caernarfon and Denbighshire
Higgins in Kent/Essex

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline titch

• RootsChat Member
  • member of both Gwynedd and Clwyd Family History
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 10 August 06 20:05 BST (UK) »
Hi again
Here is the contact email for Abergele Register office:

louise.edwards@conwy.gov.uk

Register office, Market street, Abergele, Conwy county.

I find that if you give the registrar all the details you have then you do not pay for certificates which are not yours!

Cheers
Titch
Williams, Roberts, Jones, in Merioneth,  Flintsshire, Denbigh and Caernarfonshire, Hughes in Caernarfonshire and Liverpool , Arnold, Mongomeryshire, Caernarfon and Denbighshire
Higgins in Kent/Essex

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline SooCatt

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Norman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 10 August 06 21:44 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that Titch, I have e-mailed the record office.  There are so many Davies' in that area, all I need now is to find that her mother's maiden name was Jones!

;)

Thanks again

Susan
Crampton, Cook,  Bell, Pinkney, Curry, Duffey, Marshall, Smurthwaite, Urwin - Durham/North Yorks
Athey, Ball, Lamb, Handley, Rymer, Duffey, Pool, Stringer, Wilkinson, Varley - West Yorks
Fisher - Essex

Cencus information is Crown Copyright, from "http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 11 August 06 08:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Susan,

If I can get to the archives today I'll see if I can find any baptisms.

Paul.

Offline SooCatt

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Norman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 11 August 06 09:09 BST (UK) »
Wow Paul
That would be fantastic.   :D

I should warn you then that I will be away for a week from tomorrow morning so if you do find anything please don't think me rude if I don't reply straight away. 

Look forward to hearing from you

Susan
Fisher - Essex

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 11 August 06 13:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Susan,
Had a look at Llanddulas baptisms 1800-1910 the only Davies I could find with a Father William is, Alfred son of William & Jane. Yard Cottage, Llanddulas. Fathers Occ, Gardener. Could not see Anne, Walter or Jane.

The Flintshire records office (also keep Denbighshire records) only have Abergele baptisms upto 1889.

You said Anne married George Jeffries in Abergele in 1921
did they marry in Chapel or register office as I could not see their marriage in the Abergele marriage index.

Sorry I couldn't help.

Paul.

Offline SooCatt

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Norman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 11 August 06 16:07 BST (UK) »
Curiouser and curiouser ... (is that how you spell that?)

Thanks so much for looking anyway Paul.  I really appreciate it.  At least I know she wasn't born there which will help narrow down the certificate search.

George and Anne married in St Paul's Wesleyan Chapel Abergele.  I wonder where she came from then? I suppose it could have been Abergele but wherever it was she must have moved into Llandulas when she was quite young as all her family thought she was born there.

Anyway thanks again.  I'm off now to see what to try next.

;)

Susan
Fisher - Essex

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 11 August 06 16:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Susan,
If she married in chapel she might have been baptised in chapel. The records they have at the archives are mainly C of E, next week I'll see if they have any for St Paul's Wesleyan Chapel.
Do you have a copy of her marriage cert?

Paul.