Author Topic: Anne Davies Llandulas  (Read 5148 times)

Offline SooCatt

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Norman
    • View Profile
Re: Anne Davies Llandulas
« Reply #9 on: Friday 11 August 06 16:47 BST (UK) »
Hi again Paul

I don't have the copy but my sister-in-law has it.  I realise that I put the wrong name for George - it should be Jeffrey not Jeffries.  Sorry. 

I'm trying to help my sister-in-law (Sara) kick start her family tree and we've hit nothing but hurdles so far with the Davies'.  The problem is that Sara's Mum was only three when her Mum (Anne Davies) died and only nine when her father (George Jeffrey) died.  Sara's Mum did spend summers as a child in Llandulas with Aunts and Uncles and was sure her Mum had been born there.

I am so glad of any information even if it proves negative - it all helps to narrow things down in the end doesn't it.  Thanks again.

Susan
Crampton, Cook,  Bell, Pinkney, Curry, Duffey, Marshall, Smurthwaite, Urwin - Durham/North Yorks
Harrison - Northumberland
Rowland, Nicholson, Sneaton - Whitby
Athey, Ball, Lamb, Handley, Rymer, Duffey, Pool, Stringer, Wilkinson, Varley - West Yorks
Fisher - Essex

Cencus information is Crown Copyright, from "http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline SooCatt

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Norman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 02 September 06 08:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Paul

Just wondered if you had been back to the archives.  Feel a bit cheeky asking you to be honest  :-[ If you haven't been or they don't have the records or if you simply haven't had time to look up our Anne it's ok.
It's just that if you have looked and she's not there that's almost as useful to know.
Sorry, I don't want you to feel that I'm nagging or anything.  I'm very grateful to you already.

Thanks again

Susan
Crampton, Cook,  Bell, Pinkney, Curry, Duffey, Marshall, Smurthwaite, Urwin - Durham/North Yorks
Athey, Ball, Lamb, Handley, Rymer, Duffey, Pool, Stringer, Wilkinson, Varley - West Yorks
Fisher - Essex

Cencus information is Crown Copyright, from "http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 07 September 06 15:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Susan,
The only records at the archives for St Pauls Wesleyan Chapel, Abergele are baptisms 1915-18 and 1951-80.
which I think is outside the range for Anne or any of her children.
The only thing I can think is, you said Sara's Mum spent summers in Llandulas with Aunts and Uncles. If you can give me some names and approximate dates for them or perhaps Cousins I could look for them. It might just give us a start.

Paul.

Offline SooCatt

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Norman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 07 September 06 15:55 BST (UK) »
Thanks for looking Paul.  I'll speak to Sara and see what she wants to do next.  Aunts or Uncles may indeed be a way forward, though I'm a bit worried that it will be too vague as I can't imagine Sara's Mum having any idea how old they were or whether they would have been older or younger than Anne.  Still in family history you should never assume anything so I'll ask.

Thanks again for taking the time to look.

;)

susan
Fisher - Essex