Author Topic: Annie Jenkins  (Read 1276 times)

Offline maleny

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Annie Jenkins
« on: Friday 11 August 06 01:31 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I am looking for the parents of Annie Jenkins. I think that she was born in   Maesteg. I found a District Vol Page which was June 1900 Bridgend 11a 828. I'm afraid that is all the information that I have.
Many thanks. Rita

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Annie Jenkins
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 August 06 08:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Rita

There are too many Ann* JENKINS born 1900 in Glamorgan to be sure which is yours on the 1901 census.

Did she marry later in life?  If you obtain her marriage certificate it should give her father's name and occupation, which would help identify her.  Sending for the birth cert (your ref above) would tell you who the parents of THAT Annie were, but not ascertain whether she is the one you are looking for.

Maybe you have an idea of siblings names or other clues that might help?

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)