Author Topic: (B) 1871-1873 - HUGHES  (Read 4273 times)

Offline moors

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
(B) 1871-1873 - HUGHES
« on: Friday 11 August 06 14:11 BST (UK) »
Looking for (B) of Joseph Hughes 1871-73 believe St. Pancras Mddx. The ones on free BMD do not tally. thank you
Jeffery Kent Moors Kent/Mddx. Gulley Mddx Bennett Southwark/Devon  Hart Cobham Surrey/Brighton
Bubb Berks/Bucks  Jeffs/Staffs  Baines/Notts  Lambert/Lincs  West/Spinks & Dey-Dye/Norfolk Morrish/Stoke Newington Mddx. Lovell/ Hackney,Shoreditch Blackshaw Clerkenwell/Rotherhithe,. Day& Downer I.O.W. Harknett Essex. Gulley Westminster. Sealey Norfolk. Newling Cambridge/Essex/Herts. Hughes Aldershot/South London. Hartgroves Essex.

Offline Meliora

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: (B) 1871-1873 Hughes
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 August 06 16:57 BST (UK) »
Hello.Moors,

The two births shown in the freeBMDs for Joseph Hughes>>

Mar ¼  1871  Marylebone  1a  610
Mar ¼   1871  St.Pancras   1a 34

These are the only births reg'd 1871 to 1873 for the district required in the complete BMDs.

Meliora

RIP 1927-2018

This information is Crown Copyright from National Archives.gov.uk

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: (B) 1871-1873 - HUGHES
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 08 January 09 17:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi moors

I know that this is in the completed section but I am updating this post with new information that has been posted here

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,351786.0.html

Dawn

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline moors

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 10 January 09 13:53 GMT (UK) »
Yes I have been reading all the info. that has come through and gradually getting more ideas about Joseph being Annie Elizabeth Hartgroves son before (M) just need to purchase the cert. to find out.
By the way can one ordered certificates at Kew as one did at Myddleton Street do you know as I am going to Kew on 29th January. Thank you.
Jeffery Kent Moors Kent/Mddx. Gulley Mddx Bennett Southwark/Devon  Hart Cobham Surrey/Brighton
Bubb Berks/Bucks  Jeffs/Staffs  Baines/Notts  Lambert/Lincs  West/Spinks & Dey-Dye/Norfolk Morrish/Stoke Newington Mddx. Lovell/ Hackney,Shoreditch Blackshaw Clerkenwell/Rotherhithe,. Day& Downer I.O.W. Harknett Essex. Gulley Westminster. Sealey Norfolk. Newling Cambridge/Essex/Herts. Hughes Aldershot/South London. Hartgroves Essex.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 11 January 09 23:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi moors

You need to order certs directly from the GRO at Southport

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/

There are pages of information here, they take a bit of reading, but you can order on-line over the internet which is very straightforward, over the phone or by post but you still need the reg district, volume & page numbers as you used to at the FRC.

Dawn

Chandler-Chelsea

Offline moors

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 12 January 09 13:24 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for the info. re ordering certs.

Offline moors

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 06 February 09 14:15 GMT (UK) »
Dawnish, As was suggested I sent for the (B) cert. of Joseph Hartgrove 1872 Pancras and yes it states 26/8/1872 at the workhouse Pancras Joseph was born to Annie Hartgrove NO FATHER, so Annie Hartgrove (Hartgroves) has Joseph before she (M) Walter William Hughes. Thank you.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 06 February 09 16:33 GMT (UK) »
You're welcome  ;D

Chandler-Chelsea

Offline moors

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 07 February 09 11:54 GMT (UK) »
Dawnish. More good news, recd. this morning cert. of Walter W. Hughes (M) to Ann Wyatt, which gives the witness's as Thomas Anderson & Sarah Anderson, this is the surname that is given on Walter W.Hughes (JNR) (B) cert. as Mothers former surname and not Wyatt, but as this (B) cert. was reg. by the Mother in law, did she just give the wrong surname??
Also recd. the (M) of Caroline Maud Hughes to John M.Greggains, it gives her Fathers name,address where she was living and witness, all of this tell me she is the one I have been searching for, for a long time, and as the 1911 census gives her (B) as Athlone Ireland, this tells me her Father Sgt. Walter. W.Hughes was there in 1883 when she was born,so now I am going to write to Athlone for her (B) cert.
It's a case of never give up. Thank you to the people who made suggestions and gave me info. to solve these problems.