Author Topic: (B) 1871-1873 - HUGHES  (Read 4274 times)

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: (B) 1871-1873 - HUGHES
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 14 February 09 18:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi moors

Just so we have some more information....

where did the marriage take place?

where were the bride and groom living at the time of their marriage?

what were the names of the fathers and their occupations? does the cert say whether they are dead or not?

Thanks

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline moors

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 15 February 09 13:27 GMT (UK) »
Full details of the (M) cert...Parish church of St.Mary Rotherhithe Surrey
3/4/1843 Walter William Hughes of full age bachelor boiler maker, no place of residence given, Father Thomas Hughes pilot (on the river Thames) as I know the family lived Robert St.Limehouse 1841 not far from the Thames, where Walter lived with parents.
Ann Wyatt of full age spinster no place of residence given, Father Thomas Wyatt a GARDENER,(this occup. caould help) witness, Thomas Anderson, Sarah Anderson, Elizabeth Ann Hughes (Walters Mother on 1841 census) and Edward Fagg.
If there is a Thomas Anderson with a wife or daughter Sarah and an Ann this could be the person I am looking for. I would have thought as Walter was a boiler maker she might have lived locally, what do you think???
Jeffery Kent Moors Kent/Mddx. Gulley Mddx Bennett Southwark/Devon  Hart Cobham Surrey/Brighton
Bubb Berks/Bucks  Jeffs/Staffs  Baines/Notts  Lambert/Lincs  West/Spinks & Dey-Dye/Norfolk Morrish/Stoke Newington Mddx. Lovell/ Hackney,Shoreditch Blackshaw Clerkenwell/Rotherhithe,. Day& Downer I.O.W. Harknett Essex. Gulley Westminster. Sealey Norfolk. Newling Cambridge/Essex/Herts. Hughes Aldershot/South London. Hartgroves Essex.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 15 February 09 15:13 GMT (UK) »
What a shame, no addresses   :(

I found a Thomas Wyatt Gardener but in Kent  :-\ but he may have been deceased, the vicar may not have asked the 'dead or alive' question.

Still no nearer to finding any of the others for definite, but there are only 12 Edward Fagg's in the whole census and they are all in Kent.

I'll keep looking

Dawn

Chandler-Chelsea

Offline moors

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 16 February 09 10:17 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your reply.Were you able to look at the 1841 census for a Thomas and Sarah Anderson in the Rothithe are, if there is an Ann with them it could be her? Was the Thomas Wyatt you found in kent on the 1841 census?
Jeffery Kent Moors Kent/Mddx. Gulley Mddx Bennett Southwark/Devon  Hart Cobham Surrey/Brighton
Bubb Berks/Bucks  Jeffs/Staffs  Baines/Notts  Lambert/Lincs  West/Spinks & Dey-Dye/Norfolk Morrish/Stoke Newington Mddx. Lovell/ Hackney,Shoreditch Blackshaw Clerkenwell/Rotherhithe,. Day& Downer I.O.W. Harknett Essex. Gulley Westminster. Sealey Norfolk. Newling Cambridge/Essex/Herts. Hughes Aldershot/South London. Hartgroves Essex.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 16 February 09 20:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi moors

Some good news for you of an unexpected nature

From the baptism register of St John at Hackney

1823 March 2nd

Ann d of Thomas & Sarah Wyatt (Abode) Wick, Hy (Quality, Trade or Profession) Gardener

I searched the register for siblings but there weren't any.

Based on that, the Thomas Wyatt in Kent was with Martha so I don't think it's him.

I'll keep looking.

Dawn

Chandler-Chelsea

Offline moors

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 17 February 09 11:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi  Dawnish, Visiting a friend yesterday and I was telling her about this "problem" and she found for me ...
1841 census HO/701/11/24/42 Living in Robert Street Limehouse the same Street as the Hughes were living a Thomas Anderson (B) 1796 mariner Sarah Anderson wife (B) 1801 with their children.  Perhaps when Mother in law registered Walter William Hughes Juniors (B) she might have been celebrating (drinking) with family and friends-Andersons had just said the wrong name????
As you say Ann Wyatt (B) Hackney Father Thomas Wyatt gardener (as on (M) cert.) Also Ann states on 1851 census (B) Hackney (living Robert St. in 1851)
The fact that Thomas Wyatt gardener living in Kent in 1841 does not mean it is not his dau. (B) Hackney 1823 as he might have come up to Hackney for a reason!! met his wife, had their dau. Ann,  then returned to Kent.
Wyatt is a Kentish surname I have been told. What do you think?

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 17 February 09 16:23 GMT (UK) »
He may have remarried inbetween times then.

On baptism register Ann's mother is Sarah

On 1841 census Thomas is with (wife?) Martha -no relationships mentioned

Dawn

Chandler-Chelsea

Offline moors

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 17 February 09 16:44 GMT (UK) »
Can you please explain what (abode-wick-Hy) mean please. Perhaps he had 2 wives one in Kent one in Ldn!!! 
I have not found a (M) of Thomas to Sarah nor the (B) of Ann to Thomas & Sarah on the BMD

Offline coombs

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Research the dead....forget the living.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 17 February 09 16:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I think Wick Hy is short for Hackney Wick.

Ben
Researching:

LONDON, Coombs, Roberts, Auber, Helsdon, Fradine, Morin, Goodacre
DORSET Coombs, Munday
NORFOLK Helsdon, Riches, Harbord, Budery
KENT Roberts, Goodacre
SUSSEX Walder, Boniface, Dinnage, Standen, Lee, Botten, Wickham, Jupp
SUFFOLK Titshall, Frost, Fairweather, Mayhew, Archer, Eade, Scarfe
DURHAM Stewart, Musgrave, Wilson, Forster
SCOTLAND Stewart in Selkirk
USA Musgrave, Saix
ESSEX Cornwell, Stock, Quilter, Lawrence, Whale, Clift