Author Topic: Help finding John James Harrington  (Read 794 times)

Offline Jillie42

• I am sorry but my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help finding John James Harrington
« on: Friday 11 August 06 17:32 BST (UK) »
I need some suggestions where to go next with my search. I'm trying to find my great-uncleJohn James Harrington. I know he was born in westminster 1889. I know his parents were Cornelius (sometimes known as John) and his mother Mary. I know he had sibblings: Hannah M, James, Mary and Patrick. The last time I can find him is on the 1901 census - after that I've no idea if and when he died (though I've checked to see if he was a young casualty of WW1),  or whether he married. The free BMD site isn't much use after the early 1900's and a manual search through the GRO incexes is going to be a nightmare....any ideas for a quick way to discover what happened to him?

He isn't living with the rest of his family in 1920-25 when all the rest are listed at the same address on the electoral register. Although, looking at the electoral register again there IS a JOHN JAMES POPE and his wife Edith all living at the same address as the Harringtons
Eaton (Woughton on the Green, Doncaster and N. London), Davis(Shinfield and London), Harrington (Ireland and London), Sutcliffe (Todmorden and London), Williams, Hollingsworth (Thaxted), Lane (Rotherhithe), Fuller (Chesterton, Cambs), Dilley (who knows where????)

Offline cathymcc

• I am sorry but my emails are not working.
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Sam & Hilda Worker
    • View Profile
Re: Help finding John James Harrington
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 22 March 08 06:04 GMT (UK) »
Hello

Find his War record at the UK National Archives.

cathy
Bedfordshire: Worker [Flitton]; Ames [Kempston]; Manton [Kempston]; Morris [?]; Valentine [Kempston]; Two & Osborn [Cranfield]

Herfordshire and West London: Brown [Kent in early 19th C]; Blackwell.
McCarthy [Clonakilty, County Cork - searching for needles in the haystack!] and LOSTY [Dublin]

Offline Jillie42

• I am sorry but my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help finding John James Harrington
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 22 March 08 10:36 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Cathy.

I think I might have already checked but it's certainly worth a second look

Jillie
Eaton (Woughton on the Green, Doncaster and N. London), Davis(Shinfield and London), Harrington (Ireland and London), Sutcliffe (Todmorden and London), Williams, Hollingsworth (Thaxted), Lane (Rotherhithe), Fuller (Chesterton, Cambs), Dilley (who knows where????)