Author Topic: Montage  (Read 12014 times)

Offline Swally

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Montage
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 16 August 06 17:15 BST (UK) »
Denn,

you are doing a fab job,

Would it be possible to lift myself up a tad so I am about heights with my uncle Leslie?
bring my brother's wife (far left) in front of my father and make them a bit taller as my brother is taller than my father.
I think the scale of my great grandfather is a tad too big as he looks a good big broader than my granda.
My brother Les, i think is a wee bit too big also.
Here is a suggestion,  I don't know if you could super impose steps, if that was a possibility you could step the back row up a tad and this would enable you to move my brother Les in along the front along side my great granda.

What about this suggestion with regards to colour, if you colourised the suits just a touch different  it then returned it to black and white would that not do away with the washed out look?

I wouldn't mind seeing it with a bit of colour that might just distract the eye enough to make it look like the one picture.
Have you tried it with the Calderhead Parish Church as a backdrop?

I honestly don't think that you are far away from bang on Denn, keep up the brilliant work.

Swally

Offline dennford

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 17 August 06 08:29 BST (UK) »
Swally,
      Hope the people are where you wanted them, I managed to put the church in but had to distort it - otherwise only the very top would have been visible. Regarding the suits, the reason they would be washed out is because of lack of detail, so any amount of colouring would only make it worse - I would suggest to leave them as is
Ford, Baines, Dixon, Platts, Peat, Proctor, Rotherforth, Dakin/Daykin, Sales, Beech, Hall, Parkin, Nightingale. ----- Harthill, Waleswood, Woodhouse-mill, Whitwell

South Yorkshire/Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire

Torremocha, Candog, Ramos, Reyes, Rodrigueus
-------Philippines --- Bohol

Offline Swally

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 17 August 06 16:42 BST (UK) »
Denn,

fantastic job there pal, could you just down size my great granda a tad and apart from that I think it is smashing.  I think the veiw you had in the background may be better.  If you could E-mail me a copy so as I can print it off full size I would be obliged.

Thanks very much Denn, a talented Gentleman right enough.

Cheers for that

Swally

Offline dennford

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 18 August 06 00:03 BST (UK) »
     Not a problem Swally, yes, I do think the glen sligachan backdrop had a form more suited. I shall re-size your great grandad a little and email a jpeg that will print at anything up to A3 size.
      A tip here, I find that here in Perth (W.A.) when I want something printed A4 or bigger, it is much cheaper to go to a commercial printer than a photographic shop - we have a chain of shops in W.A. called "Snap Printing" and they do a fantastic job for me.

Denn

p.s.    It should be sometime this arvo by the time I get it away to you.

Denn
Ford, Baines, Dixon, Platts, Peat, Proctor, Rotherforth, Dakin/Daykin, Sales, Beech, Hall, Parkin, Nightingale. ----- Harthill, Waleswood, Woodhouse-mill, Whitwell

South Yorkshire/Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire

Torremocha, Candog, Ramos, Reyes, Rodrigueus
-------Philippines --- Bohol

Online newbie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 19 August 06 07:34 BST (UK) »
Denn,
I have just seen this thread, that is absolutely amazing, so much work..
thanks for giving us all the ideas, I could use certificates, and I could try cutting out the figures..... no time for the housework today!
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk