Author Topic: Montage  (Read 12018 times)

Offline ymfoster

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Montage
« Reply #9 on: Monday 14 August 06 06:34 BST (UK) »
Nice work Denn  :)
Restorers may use my restores to colour, acknowledgement appreciated.

Mostly England - <br />Walne Nfk - Argent Barritt Hammond Sfk - Asprey Comber Cribb Gundrey Higgs Plaw Sewell Sumption Sry - Baldwin Bull Nth -  Brumfield Dufty London Wor -  Calverley Greenhalgh Lan - Dodson Stainsby NRY - Denison WRY - Whittle Yks - Dormer Mdx - Felmingham Eng - Grecian Nbl -  Hayse Mass US - Jenner Ounstead Weeding Ssx - McDonald Skye - Campbell McIndoe McMillan Inv - Window Gls

Offline Lones

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Dad & Mum
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 14 August 06 10:20 BST (UK) »
Brilliant Denn!!!

How big would you normally print that, A3?

Dude you have some great ideas!!!! :o :) ;)  I love this and it's given me some great ideas to think about.  Excellent!!

Lones
Momentsandmemoriesdpr.com.au
Digital Photographic Restoration

Smith, Warwick Shire
Ashwell, Buckminster Leicester
Brown, Kent
OBrien/Brien, Cork
Dunstan, Stithians Corwall
Beard, Stithians Corwall
Penman, Midlothian, Perth or Fife
Dick, Fife
Ruddock, Staindrop Durham
Willis, Ingleton Durham
Gibbon, Kirkby Ravensworth
Lazenby, Middleton Yorkshire
Bradley, London
Ware, London

Offline dennford

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 14 August 06 13:11 BST (UK) »

How big would you normally print that, A3?

Lones

My rules for printing are to try and get
   300dpi (or more) for a decent print
    200dpi is okay
   150dpi absolute minimum - only as a last resort

So if you consider that your screen is 72dpi (round up to 75dpi for a nice easy divisible figure - then 75 is half of your minimum 150dpi, so it would print at half the size you view on the screen (not a bad rule of thumb - half size of what you see on the screen for a passable print).
    However, this said in this case where I know it is going to be printed I have a second copy to email to Swally at 16x12inch - 200dpi (this is3200x2400pixels)

Hope this explains okay.

Denn
Ford, Baines, Dixon, Platts, Peat, Proctor, Rotherforth, Dakin/Daykin, Sales, Beech, Hall, Parkin, Nightingale. ----- Harthill, Waleswood, Woodhouse-mill, Whitwell

South Yorkshire/Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire

Torremocha, Candog, Ramos, Reyes, Rodrigueus
-------Philippines --- Bohol

Offline Swally

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 14 August 06 16:34 BST (UK) »
Denn,

You have done a good job here, but possibly I was not as clear as I should have been.  What I would really like was that all the people appeared in the one big photograph as if they were all at the one social event.
I understand this may be a bit more difficult but if you wouldn't mind being up for the challenge, I think that would make an even more spectacular photograph.  In my own wedding picture the bride n groom would do nicely.

What I am trying to create is all those directly bear the Allan surname and those who are left to carry it forward.

Wishing you all the best,

Swally

Offline Swally

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 14 August 06 16:41 BST (UK) »
Denn,

just a thought.
I imagine that you would need some idea of heights in order to do this.
I myself am 5' 10 my father was 6'0 as is my brother (non kilted one)
my other brother with the kilt is 5'8.  My other uncle who is pictured would be just short of 6'....poss 5'10 - 5'11
My gran would be about 5'4 it doesn't matter about my Granda as he is seated but he was 6' +
My great gran I have no idea but my great grandfather was tall possibly 6'
I hope that this is some assistance.

Swally

Offline dennford

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 14 August 06 23:52 BST (UK) »
Not a problem,
         Although it may be a couple of days, but I shall keep you updated if there is any prob's.

Denn
Ford, Baines, Dixon, Platts, Peat, Proctor, Rotherforth, Dakin/Daykin, Sales, Beech, Hall, Parkin, Nightingale. ----- Harthill, Waleswood, Woodhouse-mill, Whitwell

Offline dennford

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 15 August 06 09:42 BST (UK) »
Swally,
     This isn't quite the finished product but an update on what I am doing.
I had to put the tables in because yor grandparents and g.grandparents were cut off at the legs and to try and put legs on them would have been almost impossible. Also because your brother and his wife were photographed from a higher angle than the grandparents, I had to bring them to the front - otherwise they would have looked very un-natural.
If this is okay, let me know nd I shal finish the job.

Denn

Offline Swally

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 15 August 06 16:32 BST (UK) »
Denn,

we are nearly there mate.
Could you make it look as tho they were all at a family wedding and having their picture taken as a group?
See if this helps-
My brother far left (Tom) bring him and his wife up closer to my mother & father even have my fathers right shoulder just in front of her
Have myself (far right) just tucked slightly behind my aunt.
Have my grandfather (bottom row left) bring his head upto just below my father's chest.
My Great Grandfather (bottom row right) invert this picture so his wife is on his left and bring his head upto the chest of my uncle Leslie.
Invert my brother Les (very bottom) so his wife Carole is on his right and move him to the far right of the picture.  This would mean Carole would tuck just under my wife
It may be an idea (I know that you aren't finished just yet) to make the shades of the suits of the guys quite alike.

I know that this is a great deal of work.......but hey! look at what I am teaching you......all for free.....lol ........only kidding.

Best of luck,

Swally

Offline dennford

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 16 August 06 03:04 BST (UK) »
Swally,
     Here is where we are at now, I cant bring your g/grandfather any higher without his wifes hat hiding your brothers wife. as for making the suits match, unfortunately the darker suits lack any detail and when I use the match colour command they become washed out.

Denn