Author Topic: William ADAMS m sarah ADAMS abt 1858 - Astley Shrops  (Read 1875 times)

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William ADAMS m sarah ADAMS abt 1858 - Astley Shrops
« on: Sunday 13 August 06 10:11 BST (UK) »
hi...any help appreciated...my ggg grandparebts were william adams 1834 and sarah adams 1842 both born in astley shropshire....(.for 2 years i have had sarah`s maiden name as lewis and have gone back to 1759 with the lewis family.).......a descendant who still has the adams surname informs me he has birth certificates of 2 of william and sarahs children(they had 13) state sarahs maiden name as adams....i have sarahs parents and brother...they are as follows...father john b 1809 astley....mother sarah adams b 1817 middle....and brother john b 1839 hadnall(next village to astley 1 mile away)...i would like to know if there were any more brothers and sisters and if possible john adams parents and sarah adams(1817) parents...thanks...kind regards...allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Puffcat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: william adams married sarah adams abt 1858 astley shrops
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 13 August 06 16:01 BST (UK) »

Have you got any of the other birth certificates to confirm the maiden name of Adams.
Even Registrars can make mistakes, and when asked " what was your name at marriage" or "what was your maiden name", confusion can occur.

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: william adams married sarah adams abt 1858 astley shrops
« Reply #2 on: Monday 14 August 06 10:54 BST (UK) »
hi ebn...you`ve helped me before in the past...i`m only taking the word of another descendant of william adams...he says he has 2 birth certificates of 2 of william and sarahs children that state sarahs maiden name as adams...regards...allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford