Author Topic: COLBERT, All (GOONS 4319)  (Read 3810 times)

Offline Welsh Jen

• Dyfal donc a dyr yr garreg!
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
COLBERT, All (GOONS 4319)
« on: Friday 09 January 04 14:26 GMT (UK) »
Pursuing a one name study. I am very interested in anyone with this name (their's or in their lineage). If you are interested in the Colbert surname (and variants)

You can contact me via this board or directly via my website . This project is registered with The Guild of One Name Studies (Goons Member number: 4319).

I am interested in amassing much information from individuals with the surname interest worldwide, this research will undoubtably grow over a period of time. If interested contact me for more information Thank you.

Regards Jen :D

Offline Amy K

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Genealogy: Chasing your own tale!
    • View Profile
Re: Interested in all Colbert's
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 29 August 04 15:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Jen,

Found these burials for COLBERT in hampshire for you.

27 NOV  1761  COLBERT, CATHERINE   -    PORTSEA                                           
26 JUN  1816  COLBERT, JOHN            40  GOSPORT                                           
12 FEB  1771  COLBERT, JOSEPH          -   ELLISFIELD

Best Wishes

Amy
Information contained within Census Lookups is Crown Copyright:  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Welsh Jen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 30 August 04 22:24 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much Amy  ;D

Will source these on my Colbert Message Board / Site

Will be in touch soon.

Offline Amy K

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Colbert deserter
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 08 September 04 22:58 BST (UK) »
HI Welsh Jen,

Found this COLBERT in the Police Gazette of 2 june 1832. He was listed as a deserter from his regiment.

COLBERT, James 33rd Foot; age 18; born Stockport, Chester; occ. Weaver; issue 2 Jun 1832
Information contained within Census Lookups is Crown Copyright:  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Welsh Jen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 09 September 04 09:44 BST (UK) »
Thank you !, Will use this if you don't mind? Any information gained is always welcome.

In the process of registering the study with the GoONS, so full steam ahead!  ;)

Offline Amy K

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
FOR THE ATTENTION OF WELSH JEN
« Reply #5 on: Friday 24 September 04 12:31 BST (UK) »
I saw this in this months issue of "Your Family Tree Magazine", and thought I should show it to you incase you hadn't seen it.

Offline Welsh Jen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 24 September 04 16:15 BST (UK) »
Thanks Amy.

I actually know this individual we correspond with each other off and on.

The Colbert's in Cardiff are unrelated to mine, but I am really pleased to actually now see the photograph in question.

I haven't picked up my magazine this month, so will have to get myself down the shop a.s.a.p

Thanks very much for scanning this piccy. Very much appreciated. Will crack on with transcribing as soon as I can, been very busy of late and now feeling run down as a result. Will be in touch shortly.

Take care Jen  :D

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 24 September 04 16:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Jen,

this may be too soon for you, but if you go to http://www.geneanet.org/?lang=en and enter "colbert", you get 3145 hits, loads of them from France.

I didn't even bother with the variations !

But, if you search by country, for Colberts in UK, you get 72.  Most names have links to a website, where people have uploaded their data.

Hope this helps.
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Welsh Jen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 24 September 04 16:35 BST (UK) »
I am also on there somewhere!

Unfortunately some of the emails listed are now inactive. I tried them not so long ago without success, hopefully one day they will update their details so that I can contact them.

& as for the French Colbert's there are soooooooooooo many! the U.S is also the same.

Thanks very much for taking the trouble to send the link. Very kind and considerate of you  :D