Author Topic: Death  (Read 729 times)

Offline pennine

• RootsChat Member
  • A smile can make some ones day
    • View Profile
Death
« on: Thursday 17 August 06 01:12 BST (UK) »
Hello there, I am still struggling to find the death of my Great Great Grandmother.
Her mname was Harriet Bell ( nee Lister) She was born in Flockton. She is seen on the 1861 census living in Wath-upon -Dearne with her husband Thomas and children, by 1871, husband and 3 of the children, Elizabeth, Mary and Jane, are living with husbands parents in Brodsworth. I looked at every possibility like divorce and can only conclude that she died between 1868 and 1871. Her last child Jane was born around 1868/9.
Can anyone help please? ???
Pennine
Bell, Brodsworth, Felkirk, Wath-Upon-Dearne, Yorkshire<br />Bright, Eyre, Jessop, Wilkinson, Sheffield, Yorkshire<br />Fielding, Lound Retford, Lincolnshire and Sheffield, Yorkshire<br />Law,  Felkirk, Wath-Upon-Dearne, Yorkshire<br />Lister, Flockton, Wath-Upon-Dearne, Yorkshire<br />Mitchell, Langsett, Nr. Penistone Yorkshire.<br />Walton, Cudworth, Barnsley Yorkshire.<br />Stanger, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire, Yorkshire.<br />Gratwick, London and Kent<br />Fahy, Limerick, Southern Ireland

Offline AussieGenealogy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Great GrandMother Daisy Bachellier
    • View Profile
Re: Death
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 17 August 06 04:34 BST (UK) »
Hi pennine

Theres 1 death entry for a Harriet, mind you I'm not familar with the counties of Uk so hopefully it might be yours.

Harriet Bell  abt 1836 died 1871 aged 35 Sheffield Vol 9c Page 209
Bachellier - Bethnal Green and France
Gaucheron - France
Saumon- France
Godran - France
Rossignol - France
Heggie - Fife Scotland
Forsyth - Glasgow Scotland
MCLennan - Glasgow Scotland
Melville - Lanarkshire?
Wright - Lincolnshire
Dalton - Licolnshire
Hutton Lanarkshire
Winch - Kent UK
Northwood - Shropshire/Montgomeryshire Wales

ITS NOT CHARLES  - ITS GEORGE CHARLES VELINDER FAWCETT!!
Currently renovating
Census information is Crown Copyright from National Archives,gov.uk

Offline pennine

• RootsChat Member
  • A smile can make some ones day
    • View Profile
Re: Death
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 17 August 06 21:38 BST (UK) »
Thank you for that, I have seen this one before but wasn't sure because my Harriet was born in 1833 but told porkies and said she was three years younger, even though her age was wrong on the census I thought they would get it right on her death.
Secondly, her place of Residence Wath-upon-Dearne comes under Rotherham I think as opposed to Sheffield but I suppose she could have been in an hospital.
Guess I will just have to send for the certificate.
Thank you again. :)
Pennine
Bell, Brodsworth, Felkirk, Wath-Upon-Dearne, Yorkshire<br />Bright, Eyre, Jessop, Wilkinson, Sheffield, Yorkshire<br />Fielding, Lound Retford, Lincolnshire and Sheffield, Yorkshire<br />Law,  Felkirk, Wath-Upon-Dearne, Yorkshire<br />Lister, Flockton, Wath-Upon-Dearne, Yorkshire<br />Mitchell, Langsett, Nr. Penistone Yorkshire.<br />Walton, Cudworth, Barnsley Yorkshire.<br />Stanger, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire, Yorkshire.<br />Gratwick, London and Kent<br />Fahy, Limerick, Southern Ireland