Author Topic: Help Needed please?  (Read 15398 times)

Offline brads

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help Needed please?
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 13 September 06 17:13 BST (UK) »
Hi J.J

I did explain when they signed up and where the marriage was and that was the information I got back.

I have had a message back for the other person doing the research and the only information they have is that Herbert went back to Canada in 1921/1923 and his wife would not go back with him.

So no luck down that path.  If he wanted her to go back with him then he must not of already been married in Canada.  I will have to keep trying to find some details.

But thank you for all your help.

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 13 September 06 17:35 BST (UK) »
Wish we could help more...a bit of grasping at straws with so little info...
Let us know if more information comes to light...and you never know when a door will open... :)
all the best! J.J. :D
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 14 February 08 19:04 GMT (UK) »
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Offline brads

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 13 December 08 19:15 GMT (UK) »
Hello.  Can anybody please help??

I have been researching this person for a long time but don't seem to be getting any further with my research.  I have got all the information that was given to me vis this message but I am still unable to confirm who Herbert was.  I will recap the information I have in the hope that somebody may be able to give me a fresh lead.

From a wedding certificate in England the marriage took place 11th July 1919:

Herbert Stanley Sharp, age 25, Bachelor, Farmer, living in London, father Alfred Sharp (deceased) Carpenter
I have been told that he was a Canadian soldier who was staying with a family in Staffordshire and he married one of the daughters. This marriage only lasted 2 years and Herbert returned to Canada without his English bride. None of this has been confirmed.

I have searched English receords for a Herbert Stanley Sharp(e) but have found no records whatsoever. I would be extremely grateful for any information that anybody could provide me with.

brads

Offline brads

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Newfoundland help needed please?
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 03 January 09 09:07 GMT (UK) »
To continue from my last posting if possible I would like to try and find who the father was of Bert Sharpe b 13 Aug 1891 in Newfoundland possibly St John's.  I have his mother as Margaret ? His father was a carpenter.

Many thanks brads

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 03 January 09 22:34 GMT (UK) »
 :) Wow, Brads, we've done some major hunting for you, and I wish I could say more has come to light, but I think we may have found the right person for you due to jorose's diligence in proving the witnesses at the time of the marriage were in the same military grouping as he...
Now it was also suggested that you order the military file, and since another is also searching, you could pool resources and do that as family information may well be in there! Certainly it is a good idea to keep reviving an old query, but make sure you've also done all your research as well....and then get back to us with the new info and we'll happily get back on it if we can...
  :) J.J.

p.s.   ;) Thanks for not starting a new query for an existing subject!

Offline brads

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 04 January 09 19:05 GMT (UK) »
Thank you again j.j. for your reply.  I was hoping that some more information may have come to light since the last postings.  I am not entirely sure that this is the right Herbert but I suppose you are right and the only way to confirm this is to send for the military record.

Your help has been very much appreciated.

brads :)

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 05 January 09 05:31 GMT (UK) »
Wow I sounded a little harsh the other day...sorry...It's certainly up to you whether or not it's worth your while to get the papers, and there's never a guarantee there will be enough personal information on it. Also, if he was the dastardly type, and he might just have been, if he left wife & child... he may have not been truthful & forthcoming on any documents which would cover his path... so all the hunting in the world may not prove anything...

But here is the site, as that url is outdated... and lots of luck that he's the right one should you decide to order it

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/databases/cef/001042-130-e.html?PHPSESSID=nr0fk1fisu2corfenssopqq3j2#g

Offline brionne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 05 January 09 17:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi,forgive me if I have got this wrong but are you absolutely sure your guy
HERBERT STANLEY SHARP was born in Canada,because found this birth entry in England.

HERBERT STANLEY SHARP birth ref MARCH 1900 Woolwich.

Brionne.
Dyer,Wilts,Weare Somerset Dorset Wilts.
Weare/Robinson Ottawa Canada.Petty Wilts.
Simper Wilts.West Wilts.West Vermont.Kelsey Surrey.Chappell
Chapel Essex.McPherson,M Pherson MacPherson
Perthshire Scotland,Cork,Dublin,Drogheda Ireland.
Census information Crown Copy right from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk