Author Topic: Any kind person in East Sussex availiable to look up original PR of a marriage?  (Read 1982 times)

Offline anniehelsdown

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi,
I think this may be a cheeky request but im asking anyway incase somebody can help me.
I have come to a standstill with my tree and despite the invaluable help from Rootsweb members i still cannot go any further.
Would you be able to look at JOHN HELSDEN marrying JANE FOSTER in Guestling, 13 Mar 1820.
I would be very grateful to know any other details relating to this marriage, in particular the name of John's father and where he was from (John that is)
I would go myself but i live in Gloucestershire and have no transport, except the train. Obviously if nobody can help then i will make the trip but i thought iut was worth asking incase somebody can help.
Kindest Regards

Offline acorngen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Any kind person in East Sussex availiable to look up original PR of a marriage?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 18 August 06 04:27 BST (UK) »
Annie,

Why not contact ESRO and ask them to send you a photo copy of the relevant page.  The fact you have the exact date should stop them requiring a full 30 minutes research fee.  If they can't do it contact the Hastings Family History group.  Guestling will come under their area and the records are on fiche at Hastings library so I am sure again they would do it.  The cost will be minimal.  Whats the train cost from GLS to Hastings?  I bet for that lookup a researcher in that area would do it cheaper

Rob
WYATT, COX, STRATTON, all from south Derbyshire and the STS, LEI border Burns Fellows Gough Wilks from STS in particular Black Country and now heading into SOP

Offline saddles

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Any kind person in East Sussex availiable to look up original PR of a marriage?
« Reply #2 on: Friday 18 August 06 04:52 BST (UK) »
Hello.

If you have no luck with finding a someone to visit the
parish for you, then  you can use this website:
http://www.hrfhs.org.uk/main.html

They hold all parish records for Guestling (St Laurence)
and according to the NBI there are 28 Foster burials at
St Laurence between 1706-1880.

Mike.
Townson - Cartmel                      O'Malley - Askeaton, Ireland
Sadler - Dymock & Salford           Tomlinson - St Peters, Leeds
Wilkinson - Salford                      Chant - Sherbourne, Dorset
Garner - Pendleton

Offline anniehelsdown

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Any kind person in East Sussex availiable to look up original PR of a marria
« Reply #3 on: Friday 18 August 06 09:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Mike,
That's great
Many thanks

Offline anniehelsdown

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Any kind person in East Sussex availiable to look up original PR of a marria
« Reply #4 on: Friday 18 August 06 22:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Rob,
Sorry i didnt reply, i hadnt seen your posting.
Who are ESRO and how can i contact them?  What makes you think im new to this!!!  :)

Offline anniehelsdown

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 18 August 06 22:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Rob,
It's ok i found ESRO (its easy when you know isnt it) I'll be honest, i googled it! It threw up a couple of options but i guessed that 'European Space Research Organisation' probably wasnt the one i needed  ;D
Thanks again

Offline downside

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Make my day
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 19 August 06 14:59 BST (UK) »
ESRO = East Sussex Records Office

Please bear in mind that both the West Sussex Records Office and the ESRO both have these sets records on microfiche for both east and west sussex.

downside
Sussex: Floate, West
Kent: Tuffee
Cheshire: Gradwell
Lancashire: Gradwell

UK Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline anniehelsdown

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 19 August 06 17:46 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I didnt know that, thankyou very much. Im not holding up much hope. It was a cheeky request after all.
Ive emailed ESRA and am keeping my fingers crossed  ;)

Offline acorngen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 21 August 06 23:18 BST (UK) »
Hmmmm where do you get the idea from that I think your a newbie :)  I didnt actually.

Rob
WYATT, COX, STRATTON, all from south Derbyshire and the STS, LEI border Burns Fellows Gough Wilks from STS in particular Black Country and now heading into SOP