Author Topic: george heslop 1841  (Read 4657 times)

Offline maggie smith

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: george heslop 1841
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 20 August 06 16:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Patrish,

I have looked up George Heslop on the IGI, and found him with Dorothy and Thomas.  The birth of George is 1826 of Chester le Street, Married 1851.
Dorothy birth is 1830 of Chester le Street.  These DOB are differant to the ones you gave me the other day.
I also found a 1881 Census Record on Ancestry .co.uk
George is DOB is 1813, and Dorothy is 67 years old, which would make her born in 1814. The address is still Chester le Street.
Could you please explain why these dates differ so much.

Maggie

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 20 August 06 18:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Maggie,

Can you tell me where you found them on the IGI with Thomas is it a census  record? I am confused by this.

There does seem to be lots of George Heslops in the area, I think I mentioned this before.

I checked the online IGI and found these.

George Heslop ch.23.3.1817 Christ Church, Tynemouth
Father William Mother Elizabeth

George Heslop ch 20.12. 1818 Lee St. John Northumberland
Father Mark Mother Elizabeth.

Dorothy Storey b 25.4.1812 ch 24.5.1812 Long Framlington.
Father Matthew, Mother Sarah Richardson.

I have to admit that the couple I found in 61,71 and 81 both their places of birth vary but there ages are consistant.

George 48 an Excavator b Newcastle Upon Tyne
Dorothy 48                                       "

George 58 a Plate Layer b Leterford, Northumberland
Dorothy 58 b Westerhaugh

George 68 a Plate Layer b Wask, Northumberland
Dorothy 67 b Framlington.

I suppose it is always a possibility that there were 2 George's and Dorothy's although I think it unlikely. There is no sign of Thomas in 1861 though. I assume that you have Thomas's birth certificate, if so perhaps he did not survive or these are the wrong couple.

As with the census the IGI is notorious for being incorrect. As to the various places of birth I am not familiar with the area's of Northumberland, so would not like comment.

Patrish

this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Offline maggie smith

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 20 August 06 20:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Patrish,

If you go on to Family Search, insert George Heslop, County, put Durham,
then click search

Maggie

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 20 August 06 20:58 BST (UK) »
Sorry Maggie I still do not understand, the only census available on that site is the 1881, is this where you found George, Dorothy and Thomas who would be almost 30 by then.? Can you give me the exact details please, otherwise I am going round in circles.

Parish.
this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 20 August 06 21:33 BST (UK) »
O.k Maggie I have now found the entry, I must admit I rarely use that. I cannot explain the age differences, perhaps they are wrong, the only thing to do is try and trace them through the 61.71.81 census's to see if you can find them, I will take a look on ancestry

If this is the right couple then the one you had on the 1851 is wrong he would only be 25 not 38.

Patrish.

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 20 August 06 22:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Maggie,

Do you have evidence that the child Thomas survived? I have found a George aged 25 single in 1851 and in 1861 married to a Dorothy with 4 children but no Thomas, the eldest Robert is 7 so born 1854

Patrish.

Offline maggie smith

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 21 August 06 17:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Patrish,

I have the birth cert of Thomas born 29/7/1852 at chester le street. I also have the marriage cert of Thomas & Mary Richardson, 04/03/1882.  I also have the deahcert of Thomas 14/01/1891, aged 41.  The birth cert of their daughter Floranna (My grandmother) 14/07/1887. Ihave th Marriage cert of May's 2nd marriage to William Tiplady 12/09/1898, and the marriage cert of Geore and Dorothy Heslop 06/09/1851.  So where the dickens is Thomas? I will keep looking.

Maggie

Offline maggie smith

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 21 August 06 21:21 BST (UK) »
Hi again Patrish,

I have found a Thomas Heslop aged 7 on the 1861 census.  The adress is Cottage at Denwick, Bridge End, Alnwick Denwick

RG number RG06 Piece 3878 Folio 100 Page 8

But I am unsure if it is him?

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 21 August 06 23:09 BST (UK) »
Hello Maggie,

I don't think that is your  Thomas, he appears to be one of the children of Ralph Heslop and Jane (Jackson) probably named after her father Thomas Jackson (76)

Can you give me ALL the details on George and Dorothy's marriage cert and all the details on Thomas birth please as it may be easier for me to try and find them on the census's.

Thanks Pat