Author Topic: Ann Binns  (Read 4382 times)

Offline Mobo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Family History - the ultimate detective story
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Binns
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 19 August 06 17:17 BST (UK) »
 :D :D :D

Sorry, I can't find an Ann Binns (with a father Richard) anywhere on the 1841 Census.

And on the 1861 Census, she and Joseph are still in the London Road area of Manchester, with two more children, William (9) and Mary (1), and as you stated, she gives her birthpace as Huddersfield.

??? ??? ???
BUCKLEY, Ches. & Lancs, DUNN, Ireland & Lancs. EDGSON, Rutland, Leics & Lancs. LYON, Lancs. McNULTY, Ireland & Lancs. MORRIS, Beds, Hunts & Lancs. SWARBRICK, Lancs. TURNER, Lancs. WILLIAMSON, Lancs.

All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Mobo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 19 August 06 17:22 BST (UK) »
 ;D ;D ;D

dill,

Perhaps you should post this query on the West Riding of Yorkshire Board.  Or better still, ask a Moderator to move this topic over there.  I'm sure someone will be able to help you.

;D ;D ;D
BUCKLEY, Ches. & Lancs, DUNN, Ireland & Lancs. EDGSON, Rutland, Leics & Lancs. LYON, Lancs. McNULTY, Ireland & Lancs. MORRIS, Beds, Hunts & Lancs. SWARBRICK, Lancs. TURNER, Lancs. WILLIAMSON, Lancs.

All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Richard Knott

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 19 August 06 18:21 BST (UK) »
What is Richard's profession on the marriage certificate?
It could help pin him down in the census.
Richard
All the families I am researching are listed on the main page here:
www.64regencyancestors.com

Census: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dill

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 19 August 06 18:37 BST (UK) »
 Mobo, you are a amazing. I am getting a bit mind blown here.

I wonder where Richard and Ann were hiding in 1841. thanks for looking

re 1861, well this is the first I know about William and Mary [ bit like a king and queen!] I am hoping to check out every census for all my lines in due course. I have done quite a few.

I have made a note of your advice re WRYorks,board and also Moderator. this is a mystery to me as yet. I have a local friend that can help me.

I already have a copy of the Marriage certificate.

Sincere thanks.
Dill

Offline Mobo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 19 August 06 19:14 BST (UK) »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

dill,

Ticker's already moved the topic here, so let's hope you find these families on the 1841 now.

:D :D :D :D

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 19 August 06 19:25 BST (UK) »

What Binns have you found from the Huddersfield society's records?

www.hdfhs.org.uk.   Research service available.
(pennies per lookup at www.familyhistoryonline.net)

Pauline
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline Gragareth

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 21 August 06 07:28 BST (UK) »
There's quite a widespread interest in name Binns.  Try entering in Google and see what shows.  Just an idea.
Gragareth.
Binns, Howgate, Lister, Mountain, Pickles, Procter, Hall, at Leeds.   Bowron at Barnard Castle<br />Co.Durham.  Cordingley, Crosthwaite, Hardwick, Kilburn, Thompson, Turton,  nr Methley,Rothwell and Whitkirk nr Leeds.  Hall at Hull.  Pottage, Key, Risdale, at Lincs.<br />Links to Howgate at Wigan. Cookson at Huddersfield. Mountain at Otley area.

Offline dill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 21 August 06 07:38 BST (UK) »
Many thanks,

Yes there is a one name study started by the late Donald Binns, despite all the info on that I have never been able to pin down the birth of Ann. I have decided to have a close look at the census from 1841 to see if I can pick up Richard and family. I need to visit the LDS for that

Many thanks for your interest.

Dill