Author Topic: Brentford resident -- buried where?? ** COMPLETED WITH THANKS **  (Read 1608 times)

Offline karenlee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drive it like ya stole it.
    • View Profile
Brentford resident -- buried where?? ** COMPLETED WITH THANKS **
« on: Sunday 20 August 06 09:21 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am hoping that someone can help me here.  Are there a lot of cemeteries around this area ??  I have a family that lived in Brentford from the early 1800's until after the 1901 Census.  To avoid spending large sums of money ordering death certificates, can some one please tell me what the nearest cemeteries would have been/ still are, in the hope that I will find some burials there that will help me.

Cheers
Karenlee
Census Information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Brentford resident -- buried where??
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 24 August 06 09:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Karenlee

http://www.hounslow.info/page.aspx?pointerid=A55CEE7681924CF59476122552FEFB91&thelang=001lngdef

This is a link to the cemeteries page operated by Hounslow council (Brentford is in the borough of Hounslow)

I suggest you send them an email with the information you have an what you are looking for. Depending on their workload (genealogy is such a popular hobby and they may make a charge for the look-up as the old registers are not computerised) they may or may not be able to give you the information you are looking for or they could send you off in another direction.

I suspect that Chiswick Old cemetery is the most likely place.

Dawn

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline karenlee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 25 August 06 00:52 BST (UK) »
Dawn, you are wonderful, many thanks for that link.  I will explore the site and send off the relevant information.

Cheers
Karenlee

Offline ggrocott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I will find them eventually!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 06 September 06 15:28 BST (UK) »
You might also want to look 'across the border' in Ealing - my grandparents were married in Brentford and lived in Brentford, Ealing and Heston (London Borough of Hounslow) at different times.  Both are buried in a cemetery in Ealing close to Gunnersbury House. Contact Details. 143 Gunnersbury Avenue Acton LONDON W3 8LE
Tel: 020 8992 2924 Leisureline: 020 7361 3003 Fax: 020 8993 5395
www.rbkc.gov.uk/EnvironmentalServices/Cemeteries

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Tagg, Bowyer (Berkshire/Surrey), Adams, Small, Pratt, Coles, Stevens, Cox (Bucks), Grocott, Slater, Dean, Hill (Staffs/Shropshire), Holloway, Flint, Warrington,Turnbull (London), Montague, Barrett (Herts), Hayward (Kent), Gallon, Knight, Ede, Tribe, Bunn, Northeast, Nicholds (Sussex) Penduck, Pinnell, Yeeles (Gloucs), Johns (Monmouth and Devon), Head (Bath), Tedbury, Bowyer (Somerset), Chapman, Barrett (Herts/Essex)

Offline karenlee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 07 September 06 01:22 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for that link,  I will have a look at it and see what turns up.  I have emailed the Hounslow Council and we are sorting out a search with them too.  With luck I will find something from one or the other of these suggestions. 

Your help is much appreciated.
Karen

Offline ubercat

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 21 June 07 02:21 BST (UK) »
Might be worth looking at south Ealing Cemetary . Have found many of my Brentford , Ealing , Acton Ancestors there http://www.londoncemeteries.co.uk/?c=28