Author Topic: WOOD Joseph  (Read 1804 times)

Offline Noreen Rose

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
WOOD Joseph
« on: Sunday 20 August 06 15:38 BST (UK) »
I am looking for the death of Joseph WOOD Bn Brereton.  On the 1851 census HO107/2166 Fol 436 P10 he is with his wife Elizabeth children Martha, Joseph, Emma, Ellen, William. He and Elizabeth are 48.  I would like to know if he is on the 1861/1871 census.  They are not on my 1881 census.

I have traced Williams marriage and death and I think this is son Joseph from my 1881 census

Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of
this issue.

I have just got Joseph's brother Johns WILL made 28 June 1824, he died 29 June 1824.

He appoints William WOOD of Davenport Farmer his father and Thomas JEPSON of Somerford Farmer as his executors.  He left £450.  John WOOD's children are Thomas and Jane.  I  would like to know how JEPSON is connected to my WOODS?

This is Thomas 1881
Thomas WOOD married Martha BEECH 1865 At Sandbach St Mary

Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of
this issue.

Noreen Rose
York
Noreen
York uk

Offline Manchester Rambler

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: WOOD Joseph
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 20 August 06 16:09 BST (UK) »
1861 census:
RG9/2607; Folio 72; Page 9
Higher Byley, Byley with Yatehouse, Cheshire

Joseph Wood - Head - Wid - 58 - Farmer of 223 Acres - b. Brereton
Joseph Wood - Son - 27 - b. Byley
William Wood - Son - 16 - b. Byley
James Beech - Grandson - 10 - Scholar - b. Byley
William Beech - Grandson - 8 - Scholar - b. Sproston
(+ 4 servants)

I haven't found him in 1871 so far.

Rambler
ANT: Nesbit, Potts; CHS: Gosling (Hazel Grove/Lymm), Hinton (Lymm), Johnson (Hazel Grove), Marsland (Hazel Grove), Massey (Daresbury), Sorton (Warmingham); LAN: Jackson, James, Potts (Manchester/Salford); MAY: Caulfield, Griffin (Leveelick); SAL: Goodwin, Johnson (Bridgnorth), Gregory (Wellington); STS: Goodwin, Gregory, Johnson (Wolverhampton); Hallett (Trysull); SOM: Dowding, James, Jones (Bath)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Manchester Rambler

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 20 August 06 16:23 BST (UK) »
James Beech in 1851:

HO107/2166; Folio 425; Page 9
Sproston Hall, Sproston, Cheshire

John Wood - Head - Mar - 22 - Farmer of 91 Acres - b. (?)Brereton
Harriet Beech - Sister - Mar - 21 - Farmer's Wife - b. (?)Brereton
James Beech - Son - 4m - b. Middlewich
(+ 4 servants)

John BEECH m. Harriet WOOD, Middlewich, St Michael & All Angels, 1850.

Rambler
ANT: Nesbit, Potts; CHS: Gosling (Hazel Grove/Lymm), Hinton (Lymm), Johnson (Hazel Grove), Marsland (Hazel Grove), Massey (Daresbury), Sorton (Warmingham); LAN: Jackson, James, Potts (Manchester/Salford); MAY: Caulfield, Griffin (Leveelick); SAL: Goodwin, Johnson (Bridgnorth), Gregory (Wellington); STS: Goodwin, Gregory, Johnson (Wolverhampton); Hallett (Trysull); SOM: Dowding, James, Jones (Bath)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Noreen Rose

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 21 August 06 10:16 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much for your help Rambler.  From this 1861 census you have found for me that Elizabeth is deceased.  There is a WILL for a Joseph at Lostock Gralam, aged 63 which might be him.  John WOOD his eldest son at Sproston, is our direct descendent.

If Joseph is not on the 1871 census then it is probably him!!

We are trying to get a 60th birthday family tree for Peter WOOD next month.  Christopher John WOOD the youngest son of the above John is his father.

Thank you very much for your kindness and help.

Noreen

Noreen
York uk