Author Topic: Abingdon St Helens  (Read 3462 times)

Offline sunnydean

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Abingdon St Helens
« on: Sunday 20 August 06 16:00 BST (UK) »
Please does anyone have access to the above PRs c1830 - 1900, I am looking for the names Steane and Midwinter.  Many thanks. Sunnydean

Offline colinsorigins

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Abingdon St Helens
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 20 August 06 23:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Sunny,

Welcome to RootsChat.

I have a copy of the transcript for St. Helens, which I am sure many others do;  it covers burials and marriages up to 1900 but baptisms only to 1837.   Your request is rather vague and it would be helpful if you could give some background or guidance as to what you are looking for.

Access to baptisms after 1837 will be difficult because they have not been filmed by LDS and, as far as I am aware, they only exist in the original register.

The only route I can see is for you to trawl through Free BMD which is available in its complete form through Ancestry free of charge.

Cheers

Colin

Winterslow: Shears, Sheath, Stainer, Ballard
Wilton: Pressley, Beckett
Downton: Davis
Oxford: Honey
Usk/Caerwent: Thomas
Radnage/Dixton: Howells

Offline sunnydean

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Abingdon St Helens
« Reply #2 on: Monday 21 August 06 06:45 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that information, we have already found a lot of Steane and Midwinter entries in Free BMD.  From Census information we found the families living in the St Helens area of Abingdon and I just wondered if sks had information from the PRs for those 2 families who were united by marriage.  Thank you.  Sunnydean