Author Topic: The Dean Parish Beds  (Read 1275 times)

Offline DEANO

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
The Dean Parish Beds
« on: Tuesday 22 August 06 16:00 BST (UK) »
Does anyone have the MI'S (Monument inscriptions) for the Dean parish Beds and could help me on two family members buried in the village, 1809 & 1812  Frances & Dinah Pentlor (variants of Pentelow)

Thanks
Deano
Chelveston,Dean,Irthlingborough.Wellingborough,Ringstead-Kettering-Desborough-Raunds-Higham Ferrers-Raunds
Northants,Nourish-York-Pentelow-Pentlow-Fox-Dickens-Allen-Miller-Bridge-Dainty-Bailey
Huntingdonshire,Humphrey-Mumford-Bailey
Bedfordshire, Lewis-Bradley
Buckinghamshire-Wright

Offline johnP-bedford

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: The Dean Parish Beds
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 29 August 06 19:56 BST (UK) »
Hello Deano, 

No MI's but info from the Dean PR.

Burial of Fra(nces), wife of Jos(eph) Pentlor on 4 May 1809

Burial of Dinah, daughter of Jos & Fra Pentlor on Dec 22 1812

Other info
Baptism  of Henry, son of Jos & Fra Pentlor on 19 May 1807

Regards John

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Partridge - North Beds; Northants & Peterborough
Bishop - Bedford; Hunts, Hemingford Grey
Allen - Hunts, Hemingford Abbotts
Clement - Croydon
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline DEANO

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 29 August 06 21:26 BST (UK) »
Hi John

Sorry mate you seemed to have misunderstood my request for inf on the two buried at Dean. 1809-1812 as I really need they ages at death to confirm not only Joseph's wife but child Dinah as well.

I'm left with the door open at the moment not knowing whether this Dean parish had two Joseph (Pentlor's)Pentelow's living in the same time period as each other, One that married at Chelveston Northants in 1802 to Fanny Nourish and the other at Kimbolton in 1809 to Elizabeth Newman so I need to know there ages at death to confirm this as daughter Dinah Might have been baptized at Chelveston on the 8th Jan 1804 the same place as mother Fanny or Frances was.

Thanks any way for your help on the matter.

Deano

Chelveston,Dean,Irthlingborough.Wellingborough,Ringstead-Kettering-Desborough-Raunds-Higham Ferrers-Raunds
Northants,Nourish-York-Pentelow-Pentlow-Fox-Dickens-Allen-Miller-Bridge-Dainty-Bailey
Buckinghamshire-Wright

Offline cathymcc

• I am sorry but my emails are not working.
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Sam & Hilda Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 05 October 06 15:20 BST (UK) »
Deano

I looked up the 1803 National Defence Muster list [threatened French invasion which lists males 17 - 55]

Jeremy PENTELOW was a labourer with 1 child still under 10 [he was aged over 30].

In Wilden there is a married John PENDLOW [rated 3rd class so under 30 - or 2 dependent children under 10]

There are records at the UK National Archives for men who served [as regular soldiers] in the French Wars... so that my be worth following up on their search engine?

Most of the PENTELOEs on Beds Archives are not from North Beds but east Beds - see
http://blars.adlibsoft.com/beginner/indnms.html
cathy  ???
Ps: there is an early reference to a John PENTELOE of Riseley being 'impressed for service' in Ireland 1591 - 1602 [many of those men died over there, I think?]. 
Bedfordshire: Worker [Flitton]; Ames [Kempston]; Manton [Kempston]; Morris [?]; Valentine [Kempston]; Two & Osborn [Cranfield]

Herfordshire and West London: Brown [Kent in early 19th C]; Blackwell.
McCarthy [Clonakilty, County Cork - searching for needles in the haystack!] and LOSTY [Dublin]

Offline DEANO

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 06 October 06 19:43 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your info/

Jeremy Pentelow you mention about in your article I'm not to sure where he was living in 1803 either at Dean or Pertenhall I believe. I've got plenty of info on him already, inc baptism, Marriage, & Death.

I do appreciate your insight into the two groups of Penteloe's of East & North Beds, both regarded as non ties to each other as my line I believe took a completely different route into Dean from the Chelveston/Raunds area of Northants and happened to find themselfs living with the Dean ones (inc that of your Jeremy Pentelow) in 1803 which very much confused me at that time.

thanks again for your info
Deano
Buckinghamshire-Wright