Author Topic: Barter St Toxteth??  (Read 1682 times)

Offline FindingAncestors

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Barter St Toxteth??
« on: Wednesday 03 November 04 01:03 GMT (UK) »
Hello,  ;)
 Can anyone please tell me where Barter St Toxteth Park was??  ??? I've tried to find it at the Streetmap site, but there isn't one currently in Lancashire.
 Thanks for help.      FindingAncestors
ANYON,BATES, BEDWELL, BENNETT, BONE, BULLOCK,  CAMPBELL,  CARMICHAEL, CARTER, CLARK, CONSTANTINE/SLATER, CLENDINNING, COVENTRY, CREIGHTON,  EASLIP, EDWARDS, ELIARD or ELIOT, FROST, GORINGE, HILL, HOLLOWAY, INGLEFIELD, INGRAM, JAMES, JEFFREY, JONES, JOHNSTON, KEECH, LANGFORD, LAWS, LAWS,  LLOYD, LONDON, MACKAY, MCKAY, MACKNESS, MARTIN, MILLINGTON, MOORE, MORISON, NEWMAN, O'DONNELL, ORPIN, PAINE, POOK, REECE, RICHARDS, ROBSON,  SMITH, SPROULE, STANDISH,STRANGEMORE, TRENCHARD, WHELAN, WILLIAMS

Offline Spotty

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Barter St Toxteth??
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 03 November 04 21:15 GMT (UK) »
I couldn't find it on old-maps.co.uk or multimap. :(  but I did find a record of it here http://www.liverpool-genealogy.org.uk/Streets1851/StreetsB.htm which means it defo existed in 1851.

Do you see it says Barter Street and courts?  Well the courts were the slums, these were pulled down cos they were killing people with the lack of fresh air and stuff.

http://www.merseygateway.org/pastliverpool/index.htm  click on 'gallery' to see examples of the housing - I'm not sure but you might even find the exact one you are looking for.  Keep the cursor on the picture for a second and it shows you the street name.   :)

Gynane, Unsworth, Birch, Duncan.

Offline FindingAncestors

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Barter St Toxteth??
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 04 November 04 00:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
    Thanks for trying to find Barter St. It is an 1871 census address, trying to link one family up with another, so needed to see if the addresses were maybe near to each other.   Thanks for the great links! Love the Pastlives site, although I didn't find anything, loved having a good look around at the old pics. The pics of the schools were so wonderful.  Thanks again. FindingAncestors
ANYON,BATES, BEDWELL, BENNETT, BONE, BULLOCK,  CAMPBELL,  CARMICHAEL, CARTER, CLARK, CONSTANTINE/SLATER, CLENDINNING, COVENTRY, CREIGHTON,  EASLIP, EDWARDS, ELIARD or ELIOT, FROST, GORINGE, HILL, HOLLOWAY, INGLEFIELD, INGRAM, JAMES, JEFFREY, JONES, JOHNSTON, KEECH, LANGFORD, LAWS, LAWS,  LLOYD, LONDON, MACKAY, MCKAY, MACKNESS, MARTIN, MILLINGTON, MOORE, MORISON, NEWMAN, O'DONNELL, ORPIN, PAINE, POOK, REECE, RICHARDS, ROBSON,  SMITH, SPROULE, STANDISH,STRANGEMORE, TRENCHARD, WHELAN, WILLIAMS