Author Topic: Boal Family.Leeds,Harrogate..1930's  (Read 3630 times)

Offline magoogles

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Boal Family.Leeds,Harrogate..1930's
« on: Tuesday 22 August 06 19:22 BST (UK) »
A few years back I purchased a box of odds at the local auction room.At the bottom of the box there were some negatives...I hung on to them in the home that I could reunite them with a member of the Boal family.

I stuck them on eBay as 'free to the rightful owner'...there were many views but no takers,sadly.It seems such a shame that these should just be stuck in a box when they could be doing what they were meant for.Having lost 5 members of my family in only 3 years,my relatively few photos and images are so precious to me....I would dearly love to pass these on to any member of the Boal family.

The images are in 2 photographers envelopes;One from Pearson & Denham in Leeds and the other from Thomas Cornall in Harrogate and are dated 25/08/1930...almost 76 years ago to the day!

Some of the negs I have copied and inverted are shown below...Is this your dad or papa??...Is the baby you??

Offline boally

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Boal Family.Leeds,Harrogate..1930's
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 11 March 09 12:02 GMT (UK) »
Any idea who the boals are??

reply direct to (*)

Doing research project on Boal

From Australia

Brad Boal

(*) Moderator Comment: Personal details removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page: http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline custfam

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Boal Family.Leeds,Harrogate..1930's
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 13 May 09 23:40 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I was suprised to see the photo of the man in uniform!
I have seen it before...I am in the process of tidying up my step mother's house because she died on Sunday. Her son and I will be at her house today, we'll look for it.
It was her funeral yesterday. I was distracting my self on line and decided to look up the name BOAL as it is unusual and both my brother & I had not previously known it was HER mother's maiden name. Our mother sould very well be the baby/toddler in the photos. HAve to go now...but will be in touch if u have any other info.
Kind regards, Meriel