Author Topic: 1901 census look up please  (Read 2102 times)

Offline moors

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
1901 census look up please
« on: Wednesday 23 August 06 13:58 BST (UK) »
Looking for:-
Emily Mc Quillen (B) 1883) Newington
Joseph      "            (1884)   "
Florence    "            (1890)   "

Jeffery Kent Moors Kent/Mddx. Gulley Mddx Bennett Southwark/Devon  Hart Cobham Surrey/Brighton
Bubb Berks/Bucks  Jeffs/Staffs  Baines/Notts  Lambert/Lincs  West/Spinks & Dey-Dye/Norfolk Morrish/Stoke Newington Mddx. Lovell/ Hackney,Shoreditch Blackshaw Clerkenwell/Rotherhithe,. Day& Downer I.O.W. Harknett Essex. Gulley Westminster. Sealey Norfolk. Newling Cambridge/Essex/Herts. Hughes Aldershot/South London. Hartgroves Essex.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: 1901 census look up please
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 23 August 06 22:26 BST (UK) »
can you please provide details of parents as well.  If you have 1891 details - will you please post the full entry

The only one I can find on the 1891 was aged 9 b Islington.  Parents James and Emily both b St Lukes.

However - brother was James P was aged 3 b Islington and sister Florence was aged 2 b Islington

That family are on the 1901 census and all birthplaces are as 1891 but there is definitely no Joseph.

If you will confirm details I will post 1901 details
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline moors

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 25 August 06 09:51 BST (UK) »
Carole, Thank you for the reply. the 1891 census was interesting in as much as Stephen Mc Quillen being 80years with such young children, but then I know that the boy Stephens Mother was Mary Ann Strudwick as you will see in the census she is down as a servant, so I am beginning to wonder who was the Mother of the other children, and that is why I was interest to see them on the 1901 census. I would like the full details of the 1901 census please for the children and who else is in the house. Thank you Moors
Jeffery Kent Moors Kent/Mddx. Gulley Mddx Bennett Southwark/Devon  Hart Cobham Surrey/Brighton
Bubb Berks/Bucks  Jeffs/Staffs  Baines/Notts  Lambert/Lincs  West/Spinks & Dey-Dye/Norfolk Morrish/Stoke Newington Mddx. Lovell/ Hackney,Shoreditch Blackshaw Clerkenwell/Rotherhithe,. Day& Downer I.O.W. Harknett Essex. Gulley Westminster. Sealey Norfolk. Newling Cambridge/Essex/Herts. Hughes Aldershot/South London. Hartgroves Essex.

Offline Mobo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Family History - the ultimate detective story
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 25 August 06 11:15 BST (UK) »
 ;D ;D ;D

Stephen McQUILLIN married
in 1891 in St Saviour, Southwark
Sept Quarter  1d 425
on the same page was Mary ANN STRUDWICK

;D ;D ;D
BUCKLEY, Ches. & Lancs, DUNN, Ireland & Lancs. EDGSON, Rutland, Leics & Lancs. LYON, Lancs. McNULTY, Ireland & Lancs. MORRIS, Beds, Hunts & Lancs. SWARBRICK, Lancs. TURNER, Lancs. WILLIAMSON, Lancs.

All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Mobo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Family History - the ultimate detective story
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 25 August 06 11:23 BST (UK) »

... as Stephen Mc Quillen was 80 with such young children,  I know that the boy Stephen's Mother was Mary Ann Strudwick.  As you will see in the census, she is down as a servant, so I am beginning to wonder who was the Mother of the other children... Moors

You say you know Mary Ann was Stephen Jnr's mother, but do you have a copy of his Birth Certificate ??  If so, it would seem highly likely that the younger children were hers as well, though I have to say, I couldn't find their births anywhere, nor could I find the family on the 1901 Census ??  Even so, the couple did marry in 1891.

;D ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D   
BUCKLEY, Ches. & Lancs, DUNN, Ireland & Lancs. EDGSON, Rutland, Leics & Lancs. LYON, Lancs. McNULTY, Ireland & Lancs. MORRIS, Beds, Hunts & Lancs. SWARBRICK, Lancs. TURNER, Lancs. WILLIAMSON, Lancs.

All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Tricia123

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 20 March 07 11:26 GMT (UK) »
When searching for McQuillin you must also search for McQuillan, also use MAC in front and my McQuillans are in the 1901 census as QUILLAN, there is also the spelling Mcguillan, McWillan

Offline moors

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1901 census Mc Quillen
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 21 March 07 10:56 GMT (UK) »
I have Stephen Mc Qullien Strudwick (B) cert. NO Father named and surname is Strudwick. 1891 4 White Hart Ct. RG/12/366/114/14 has details of the family.
1901 4 Farrel Ct. Newington Stephen Mc Quillen is living with his Mother and adopted daughter, but where are the other children from 1891 census ???? Moors

Offline Tricia123

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 21 March 07 11:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi, who do you have as Stephen's mother?

Offline moors

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 26 March 07 11:18 BST (UK) »
I have the (B) cart. of Stephen Mc Quillen Strudwick Mother Mary Ann NO FATHER NAMED, but on his (M) cert. Father named Stephen Mc Quillen
I caould not understand why the other children were not on the 1901 census with their "Mother" that is why I ask if somebody could find them on the 1901 census. I know that Emily re 1891 census is with her Grandmother but her name is Emma at 2 Farrel Court Newington RG/13/384/126/8 but where are Florence & Joseph??