Author Topic: what a waste-Yay! happy ending  (Read 3903 times)

Offline mc8

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
what a waste-Yay! happy ending
« on: Wednesday 23 August 06 14:36 BST (UK) »
saw this lot on ebay and could imagine some family researcher who would die for such a batch of family documents and photos. Shame that it is very unlikely that it will be renited with its owners
Monique
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUPERB-FAMILY-HISTORY-ALL-IN-ONE-BRIEFCASE_W0QQitemZ320020110277QQihZ011QQcategoryZ26265QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Emmeline

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Emma Louisa Tricker (1885-1958)
    • View Profile
Re: what a waste
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 23 August 06 21:58 BST (UK) »
mc8 - Have just taken a look. Ooh..... I came over all funny and just wished it all belonged to me  ::)
Let's hope it finds  a buyer  to whom it will mean much.

Offline PrueM

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Please don't try to PM me :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 23 August 06 22:08 BST (UK) »
Oh, that is so sad  :'( :'( :'(
I'm watching it in My eBay, will check just before it goes off and if it's still cheap I might try to "rescue" it (after contacting the previous high bidder to make sure they're not family).
Prue

Offline mc8

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 24 August 06 11:17 BST (UK) »
Oh, that is so sad  :'( :'( :'(
I'm watching it in My eBay, will check just before it goes off and if it's still cheap I might try to "rescue" it (after contacting the previous high bidder to make sure they're not family).
Prue
now there's an idea-we could buy it and make it a rootschat challenge to locate living rellies  ;D
Monique

Offline DianaM

• RootsChat Member
  • So much Family History, so little time ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 24 August 06 11:43 BST (UK) »
I googled a few of the names and found that the case had previously been sold on ebay, origin being a house clearance in Preston
http://66.249.93.104/search?q=cache:BjE0oKgzrDkJ:cgi1.ebay.co.uk/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll%3FViewItemWithCategory%26item%3D6622310770+%22LISLE+MOULTON%22&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2
Diana
PS the address book could be a goldmine in itself!
CAVILL (Yorkshire, Lancashire, Pennsylvania), BROWN (Yorks) SCOTT (Yorks) STANLEY (Staffs) TAVERNOR (Staffs) BLAKE (London, Wilts) FOGG (Derbyshire, Manchester)

Offline Mr. MIGKY

• --
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 24 August 06 12:12 BST (UK) »
THINK I MIGHT PUT IN A BID FOR IT AN SEE WHAT IT MAKES .IF I WIN WILL POST ON HERE FOR ALL TO SEE. BUT DEPENDS ON WHAT IT MAKES.

MIGKY

Offline DianaM

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 24 August 06 12:50 BST (UK) »
I found a Lisle Moulton (of the 1910 marriage cert) boarding at Rose Hill House school, Whittington, Oswestry, Shropshire in 1901, age 15, born Manchester
Born March quarter 1886, Manchester
In 1891 she is enumeratated & transcribed as Lesle Moulton, living in Harpurhey, Manchester, with parents William (mechanical engineer, an employer - as in George Moulton Ltd., business card in the ebay lot?) and mother Jane who was born in Scotland.
Diana
CAVILL (Yorkshire, Lancashire, Pennsylvania), BROWN (Yorks) SCOTT (Yorks) STANLEY (Staffs) TAVERNOR (Staffs) BLAKE (London, Wilts) FOGG (Derbyshire, Manchester)

Offline DianaM

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 25 August 06 09:15 BST (UK) »
I emailed this post to a friend in Blackley yesterday and got this reply back:
"Thank-you so much for letting me have the information about the Family History on e-bay.  This is truly remarkable as I know this family the Moultons and the Taylors from Hill Lane Blackley.
I have e-mailed John Moulton, just hope he is not on his holidays? Anyway I will do my best to get it for him, what a find!
"

[This lady contacted me orignally 18 months ago via GenesReunited because she had lived next door to my great-unlce in Blackley!]
Diana

Offline DianaM

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 25 August 06 09:42 BST (UK) »
Further message from Blackley:
John Moulton contacted me this morning and is so pleased to see all his family History staring at him on the screen-----wish it was ours!!
He says that one ancestor re-married and went up to Dumfries so this is probably how it ended up from an Estate in Scotland .
He wanted me to thank you as without you, all these goodies would have been missed.
Now he has to outbid the Power Seller. I told him to make a good price bid it is a chance in a lifetime, hope he does!

John's thanks obviously go to Monique as well for picking it up in the first place!
Diana