Author Topic: warburton family  (Read 971 times)

Offline queeny

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
warburton family
« on: Thursday 24 August 06 10:29 BST (UK) »
Hi i was wondering if anyone is doing the Warburton family i an intrested in John Warburton and Ann Warburton nee Whittle, daughter Mary Ann Warburton, I would like to know about her husband  Robert Williamson and his father Thomas Williamson, i know Mary Ann and Robert Williamson married in 1870
do hope you can help Susan
Jones,Lancashire Richardson, Lancashire hall,england and Tasmania  Williamson Lancashire

Offline Tati

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Ephraim's daughter to infinity & beyond
    • View Profile
Re: warburton family
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 24 August 06 11:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Susan,

I'd like to try and help but I'm not sure what you are searching for - the Warburtons or the Williamsons?

Would you mind posting all the info you have - birthplaces, dates etc? Have you found them on any census?

Tanja  :)
 "My dear, I think the English pronounce it 'appiness"  

I'm afraid of no ghost

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline queeny

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 24 August 06 13:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Tanja
It is Robert Williamson  father and mother i am looking for i have Robert marriage certificate and it has his farther as Thomas Williamson a joiner as was Robert, Robert age 24 married Marry Ann Warburton age 21 on July 1871
i have Robert and Mary in the 1881 1891 and 1901 census
now what i an worried about is for abt 2 years i have thought Roberts father Thomas Williamson was from Scotland as everything keep bringing me to Thomas wife Agnes Williamson as his perants but today i was looking at the 1871 census at 20 Ogivie st manchester were Thomas and Agnes lived and Robert is there as married and Mary Ann is at her fathers John st salford and also as married
But also at 20 Oglivie st there is a boarder Elizabeth Swindells who married a Robert Williamson on Dec 1871
so i need help to see if this is my family and is there 2 Robert Williamsons in the family
oh also it looks like it has Elizabeth Swindells as unmarried on the 1871 census
do hope you can help
susan
Jones,Lancashire Richardson, Lancashire hall,england and Tasmania  Williamson Lancashire

Offline Tati

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Ephraim's daughter to infinity & beyond
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 24 August 06 14:21 BST (UK) »
I have had a look through your previous posts and the answers you were given. Apparently the only Robert Williamson/father Thomas Williamson, both joiners are the ones at Ogilive Street.

Robert was down as married in 1871. Do you have any proof that this very Elizabeth Swindells marries this very Robert, who is already married? This is really the marriage cert I'd go for now if I were you.
(I can't see an Elizabeth Williamson born 1846 Heaton Mersey in 1881)

"My dear, I think the English pronounce it 'appiness"  

I'm afraid of no ghost

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline queeny

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 24 August 06 14:49 BST (UK) »
HI Tati
Thank you for your help every thing i do and look at keeps bringing me to the ogilvie st family
what i will look for is if there is another Robert Williamson in the family may be a cousin with any luck
Susan