Author Topic: Weston House, in Keith.  (Read 6675 times)

Offline Eilleen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • relax
    • View Profile
Weston House, in Keith.
« on: Thursday 24 August 06 20:36 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,I have been trying to find out about the  place that Peter Laing, cattle dealer, 1858 to 1923, and his son William Laing, Vet, 1880 to 1924 lived, after looking on google I see a nursing home, run by a Peter Laing. (  I nearly fell off my chair ) my question is,would anyone who live's near to Weston House, Moss street, Keith , beable to send me an e.mailed photo of the building, I have some old photo's of member's of the family stood outside a few building's in what I believe are Keith and wondered if this is the same building, off  course it may have changed , but you know how it is when you get a bee in your bonnett.   thankyou for reading this , from Eilleen.
EXTON, from Rutland, Stamford, Boston, Lincoln. LANES, from Coleby,to Bracebridge Lincoln.WAKEFIELD,PROUDMAN Cheshire and  Stafford.<br />PINDAR, MOORE, ,CHAMBERS mostly from Lincolnshire.
LAING from Elgin ,Scotland.
 HADDELSEY from Caistor,and Grimsby Lincolnshire.                   
 Parfitt, Le Gros ,Le Sueur, from Jersey.
Martin, from Doncaster  to whelyn garden city, London.
BINT, Worchester, in Australian mint.

Offline hbcls8

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Weston House, in Keith.
« Reply #1 on: Friday 29 September 06 13:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Eilleen

Sorry, I keep forgetting to take my camera with me when I go into Keith.  However, I can tell you that Weston House was built in 1885 by a Laing and has remained in the family ever since.  The current owner was a butcher himself before opening the nursing home.

Hope this is of use.

Helen

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 29 September 06 23:50 BST (UK) »
I see a nursing home, run by a Peter Laing.

Actually it isn't run by Peter Laing any longer - it was sold a few years ago to a small company which runs care homes. My neighbour works there, as it happens.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Eilleen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • relax
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 30 September 06 10:07 BST (UK) »
Forfarian, Thankyou for that imformation.
 Helen thankyou again, I to have done just that , left the camera at home, but if you ever do get a photo , I would be most grateful.   :-*Eileen
EXTON, from Rutland, Stamford, Boston, Lincoln. LANES, from Coleby,to Bracebridge Lincoln.WAKEFIELD,PROUDMAN Cheshire and  Stafford.<br />PINDAR, MOORE, ,CHAMBERS mostly from Lincolnshire.

Offline Eilleen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • relax
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 17 November 06 17:37 GMT (UK) »
Still appealing for the above favour,  :)

Offline Eilleen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • relax
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 10 May 07 21:32 BST (UK) »
I just thought I would appeal again , I would be most grateful if someone could send me a photo of the above property.    thankyou ,  from Eilleen.

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 28 August 07 18:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Eilleen lovely picture of Weston House Keith on the following site www.craigardcare.com/keith.htm.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 28 August 07 18:42 BST (UK) »
Eilleen, you have already seen the one I took for you - all you need to do is right-click on the image and save it to your hard drive if you want to keep a copy.

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/529781
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Eilleen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • relax
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 28 August 07 21:12 BST (UK) »
Forfarian and larkspur, thankyou ,  both picture's are now in my family tree file .
     Eilleen.