Author Topic: Nicholson family Manningham,Bradford,Yorkshire seemed to have found in oz.thnks  (Read 6241 times)

Offline adrian denney

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
looking for the following family on the 1891 & 1901 census,they just just seem to disappear  of the face of the earth. i have them on the 1881 census  for :-  parish  St.Paul's. Manningham,Bradford  ref R.G11/4464

Richard Nicholson..30....head......joiner/cabinet maker....Lancashire..hornby
Rebecca................30...wife............................................Yorkshire..Wilsden
Ann Elizabeth........5.....daughter.......scholar.................Yorkshire..Manningham
Walter...................4......son...............scholar.................Yorkshire..Manningham
Charles Henry........2......son...........................................Yorkshire..Manningham

i can't find any records of death for any of them .. on the 1891 and 1901 there are two brothers with the same names but ages are out and on the 1891 whole different family with them and from hull..............

any help or advice would be fantastic have used GenesReunited /familysearch and freebmd  but no trace,

thanking you in anticipation,adrian  ;D
ErrorSPAM
REPORT THIS POST AS SPAM (Use 'Report to Moderator'). DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS IN THIS POST. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS PERSON.
][/color]
ErrorSPAM
REPORT THIS POST AS SPAM (Use 'Report to Moderator'). DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS IN THIS POST. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS PERSON.
][/color]
ErrorSPAM
][/color]
LANCASHIRE :Kirkby Ireleth, Denney,Denny,Savage,Walker,Cooke,Singleton.       & Hornby/Gressingham/Heysham,  Nicholson,Mason,Clifton,Dodd.<br />WESTMORLAND: Beck,Nicholson,Airey,Armer,Herd,Langhorn,Chapman,Tyson.<br />YORKSHIRE :  Stephenson,Nicholson.<br />SCOTLAND. Canonbie,   Little,Hogg<br />IRELAND  Gallagher,Gilbert

Offline sadieh33

• RootsChat Extra
  • Partying at home.
    • View Profile
Re: Nicholson family look up Manningham,Bradford,Yorkshire
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 16 September 06 16:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Adrian
I'm not too sure about this, but I have Nicholsons who were livng in the same area. They may be connected but I can't find him in my records at this time.  I'll keep a look out as new names come to light and let you know if I find anything.

Might I suggest you visit Rootschat. I'm sure one of the chatters will be happy to help out with this.

Good luck with your search
Sadieh33
HARTLEY, NICHOLSON

Offline Bee

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 16 September 06 23:18 BST (UK) »
Hi,

If this family is on the 1891/1901 census then they are well hidden.

Is emigration a possibility? not that I've any idea where to start looking if they did.

Bee
 :)
Dinsdale, Ellis, Gee, Goldsmith,Green,Hawks,Holmes,  Lacey, Longhorn, Pickersgill, Quantrill,Tuthill, Tuttle & Walker,  in E & W Yorks, Lincs, Norfolk & Suffolk. Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline redshank

• RootsChat Senior
  • Society Street in Hunslet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 17 September 06 20:33 BST (UK) »
Hi,

This may or may not be helpful, but i suspect the census for Manningham in 1901 may not be complete. I have a family who lived in Chellow Terrace, Manningham when they married in 1896 and when my grandfather was born in 1901, but i can't find them anywhere on the 1901 census.

All the best,
redshank
Kirkland in Derbyshire and Leeds; Francis, Elson, Coxon, Tempest, Wheeldon and Barker in Derbyshire; Cawood/Coward, Richmond, Brier/Brear, (H)Akins, Winterbottom, Nicholson, Mellor, Noble, Atkinson, Moor(e), Sloan(e), Tyson, Amos and Cooper  in Yorkshire; Goddard/Godarth in Devon, 17th Regiment and Yorkshire; Hodgkinson and Shrimpton in Bucks; Clewley in Oxfordshire.

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sadieh33

• RootsChat Extra
  • Partying at home.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 18 September 06 02:33 BST (UK) »
Red

I never thought of that. I'm looking for a couple who married in Bradford in 1893 and suffered the same thing as Adrian's family, alien abduction so to speak. I can't find any records of them in the UK after the wedding. Nothing on the 1901 census. It never occurred to me that some parts of the census may be incomplete. I live in Australia and assumed they were complete records.

Adrian,
I wondered if the difference you mentioned in the ages of the two brothers may be put down to a simple transcription error. If you could get to see the originals it may be easier to see exactly what it says.

May I suggest doing a google search for "Hartley boards" and also checking out the "Hartley Family" site.  You should be able to find it via google

Good Luck.
HARTLEY, NICHOLSON

Offline adrian denney

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 28 September 06 04:00 BST (UK) »
hi , thanks for the messages from all three of you. thanks bee  for re looking  i have spent hours looking and  to no avail.  emigration is a poss, but which country to try first. if the 1901 census is not complete is that the same on the 1891. ????????   have been using ancestry.com so have looked at the trans and the orig  , my only other hope is to try and post the names for the whole country.   thanks for all your comments if i ever get to the bottom of this will let you know, thanks again.    Adrian
LANCASHIRE :Kirkby Ireleth, Denney,Denny,Savage,Walker,Cooke,Singleton.       & Hornby/Gressingham/Heysham,  Nicholson,Mason,Clifton,Dodd.<br />WESTMORLAND: Beck,Nicholson,Airey,Armer,Herd,Langhorn,Chapman,Tyson.<br />YORKSHIRE :  Stephenson,Nicholson.<br />SCOTLAND. Canonbie,   Little,Hogg<br />IRELAND  Gallagher,Gilbert

Offline Bee

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 28 September 06 11:21 BST (UK) »
Hi

I'm not sure if the 1891 & 1901 census are complete but think it would be rather strange if there are any missing parts that they are the same ones for both census.

As emigaration is a possibility, have you tried posting on the 'emigrants' board, just a thought.

Also, as Manningham is in the West Riding of Yorkshire, why are you posting in the East Yorkshire bit  ;) ;D or are we just friendlier on here :D

good luck
Bee :)
Dinsdale, Ellis, Gee, Goldsmith,Green,Hawks,Holmes,  Lacey, Longhorn, Pickersgill, Quantrill,Tuthill, Tuttle & Walker,  in E & W Yorks, Lincs, Norfolk & Suffolk. Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline allibaker

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.n
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 28 September 06 11:53 BST (UK) »
dont know if this helps at all?
richard nicholson married rebecca wright dec qtr of 1874 bradford district vol 9b
page 426
regards
alli
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.
somerset- quick,baker,stephens,atyeo,rowswell,callow,marks
durham- marshall,fairbairn
worcestershire- stephens,bishop
gloucestershire - stephens
middlesex - chesney

Offline adrian denney

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 30 September 06 05:51 BST (UK) »
thanks again.    east west well bee until you told me i didn't realize that i had.  ups,  silly me , but you lot have been fantastic so  far.  ;D ;D ;D    have try ed on ancestry .com  just children's names with parents  (but no date or place of birth) and still nothing after 1881  ,,,,,   ???  the other two boys  with the same names  found them on 1881 census with different parents so that crosses them off.  i just don't get it i agree with the comment about emigration  as death to a full family of five ??             thanks allibaker  yes that is the wedding but its after 1881 I'm stuck.  for emigration   do i post to each country or is there one board for all country's.                                                                                                                                 thanks again for all your help everyone, that is what makes this site one of the best.   ( my shoulder to cry on  when my tree wont move)  and Bee will learn my districts for my homework tonight.   lol .