Author Topic: The WHITMORES - Help Needed  (Read 3833 times)

Offline Alan b

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
The WHITMORES - Help Needed
« on: Sunday 27 August 06 15:33 BST (UK) »
I need some help with this as I have come to a dead end. Basically I am looking for the death references of the following two people, I have fully searched the BMD entries on Ancestry and can't find anything:

George Whitmore - born 1841 Tuddenham, Suffolk
Georgiana Whitmore - born 1843 - Needham Market, Suffolk

In the 1901 census they were living at 262 Cauldwell Hall Road in Ipswich, Suffolk and in 1909 (according to Kelly's Directory) they were still there. However a year later in 1910 they were gone and that is where the trail goes cold. I have searched the BMD entries right up to 1943 and can't find them anywhere ? I am aware of a reference to a Georgiana Whitmore in 1909, but this can not be my relation as she was 77 when she died which would mean she was born in 1832 and my Georgiana was definitely born in 1843 as I have her birth certificate. I do not believe they went abroad.

Any help will be gratefully received.
Bloomfield, Knights, Whitmore, Warner (Suffolk)
Hamlin (London, Yorkshire, Scotland, Suffolk)
Mattocks, Newick, Nutter, (Kent)
Mattocks (Staffs)

Offline Alan b

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: The WHITMORES - Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 16 September 06 11:47 BST (UK) »
60 views and no help :(
Mattocks (Staffs)

Offline Rick

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Emails are not working at the moment sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 16 September 06 16:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Alan

I'm sorry that no one has been able to help with this. :(

It may be that unless you are lucky enough to hook up with a relative who is following the same line that already has this information, it is going to be difficult to help. :-\

If you yourself have already searched the complete GRO indexes for their deaths without success, then it may well be that that others have also come up empy handed. :-\

The Sufffolk Record Office only sells Parish Records up to 1900, so unless someone is going to the SRO and is happy to look for Ipswich burials for you, then I suspect that it will be hard to help :(

Here's hoping, but I think that your answer may take some time.  Have you tried alternative spellings when searching through the GRO indexes?

Rick :)
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Alan b

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 16 September 06 19:48 BST (UK) »
I have tried all different spellings and couldn't find anything, oh well I guess this is one little mystery that can't be solved, well just yet anyway.

The only other option that crossed my mind is that they went abroad, but as they both would have been in their 70s I don't really think that would be the case.

I'll keep digging though and hopefully one day something will crop up.
Mattocks (Staffs)

Offline Suffolk Mawther

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William & Eliza Fulker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 18 September 06 17:37 BST (UK) »
Alan, why not write a letter to the East Anglian Daily Times it's our local Suffolk newspaper, with its sister The Evening News is still read by many in the county (we have it delivered daily  ;)

You can write to them on-line at www.eadt.co.uk
I suggested this to another researcher on this message board and although not overwhelmed with responses, he did receive a letter to help him search for the history of his motor car in Suffolk  ;D

Best wishes, SM ...
Every time I find an ancestor,
I have to find two more!

SUFFOLK - Pendle, Stygall, Pipe, Fruer, Bridges, Fisk, Bellamy, Sparham - all link to  Framlingham 
DERBY - Bridges and Frost (originally Framlingham/Parham)
NOTTINGHAM - Lambert & Selby
BERKSHIRE/then Hammersmith LDN - Fulker
LDN/MDX - Murray, Clancy, Broker, Hoskins, Marsden, Wilson, Sale

GGfather Michael Wilson born Cork, lived Fulham London - moved to Boston USA 1889, what happened next?