Author Topic: Bell & Yew Inn Llanycrwys  (Read 2603 times)

Offline fionahall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Bell & Yew Inn Llanycrwys
« on: Sunday 27 August 06 22:25 BST (UK) »
HI,

I am having trouble finding the Bell & Yew Inn,

I would like to know where it is, or where it was, and also any history known about it. My 5x Great Grandfather, Thomas Davies, lived there in 1871.

Many Thanks.

Offline tamebry

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bell & Yew Inn Llanycrwys
« Reply #1 on: Monday 28 August 06 23:12 BST (UK) »
This is a hard one! On the 1871 census the actual village is Mynachty or as it is known now Monachty it is near Aberaeron, as was part of a large estate by the same name and owned by the Gwynn family. there are records about the village and estate held by Archive network Wales. I also looked at old-maps.co.uk I found the map (dated 1891) but couldn't see the pub, maybe you will have better luck! hope this info helps.
Tammy
Uzmaston, Pembrokeshire - JONES
Aberdare - JONES
Glynmoch, Ammanford, Car - GRIFFITHS and LEWIS
Landore, Swansea - LEWIS and HUMPHREY/S
Llandielo Edwindsford and taliaris - JONES and DAVIES

Offline Deio

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 12 September 06 21:05 BST (UK) »
Hello
       The Bell and Yew Inn was near Llanycrwys church, It was demolished about 1980 to give more parking spaces for the church.
         Llanycrwys church is situated in north Carmarthenshire about half a mile off the Ffaldybrenin to  Ffarmers road, and is well singposted. I hope that this will be of some help to you.

Deio

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 29 December 06 14:47 GMT (UK) »
I hope this was of some use Fiona?

Welcome Deio - I am sorry we didn't say so at the time, but better late than never!  :)

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)