Author Topic: Cancelling Certificates No Way!!!!!!!!  (Read 777 times)

Offline bulsara

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Cancelling Certificates No Way!!!!!!!!
« on: Monday 28 August 06 11:02 BST (UK) »
Last tuesday 22nd I ordered 2 birth certificates which are due to be sent out next wednesday30th.
By thursday I had found more info and then realised that the certificates were now useless to my research.I phoned up on thursday to cancel them but was told that I couldn't cancel them b****r,what a waste of time and money. :'( :'( :'( :'(
bulsara

Offline pete edwards

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Cancelling Certificates No Way!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Monday 28 August 06 14:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Bulsara, :)

Do that and you take half the fun out of tracing our rellies, I am just about to spend ab 30 quid on three death certs, I know one of them is right, the other two will go on the message board for free, Is it true that that they have moved all the records to god Knows where,

Pete, :) :)
Edwards, mainly Cound, Frodesely, Acton Burnell. Pitchford. and surrounding villages, Shropshire, /  Rowe, Cound, / Littlehales, Berrington, Shropshire / Radford, Dublin, /   Maguire, Acton Burnell, /  Rudge, Frodesely, /

Offline ozlady

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Ex-South Wales. Down Under in Brisbane, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 29 August 06 02:50 BST (UK) »
I think there was mention on another thread that they were to be farmed out.... to India. With bad handwriting, spelling errors and suchlike, I don't know what the transriptions will be like if it's true! I wonder what someone in Mumbai would make of Llanfairpwll.............
Watkins, Price Herefordshire
Brannan, Price, GLAM
Edwards, Gardner MON
Clark(e) SOM
 Census information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 29 August 06 06:25 BST (UK) »

Hi bulsara

You could post the detail of the certificates here on the Unwanted board http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/board,153.0.html

Hopefully they will be useful to another RC member.

Jan
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline bulsara

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 29 August 06 11:01 BST (UK) »
I am of course happy to do that.I have offered certs before in a family history magazine but never had  takers such a shame. :'(
bulsara