Author Topic: BECKETT - Wentworth County, Ontario  (Read 3359 times)

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BECKETT - Wentworth County, Ontario
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 29 August 06 15:19 BST (UK) »
You are welcome...but were it not for the wonderful people who put together these great sites honouring the past...I know I would have come up short...
Wish it was always that easy! Did you still want Karen to do the lookup...better let her know...I only give some time ...but SHE goes miles out of her way, literally to do these lookups...
Glad to help...it's always great when there is something there to find!
How wonderful that you have found someone to share the genealogy with!

J.J.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline JDGen

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 29 August 06 18:06 BST (UK) »
Hi JJ & Karen,

Put the lookup on hold for now, I'll let you know if I still need it after we have exchanged more information - no point if my contact already has it.

Busily adding to my tree at the moment!  ;D

Jean
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

CHS: Barber(Tabley) Barlow(Antrobus) Blackshaw(Lymm, Mobberley) Blease/Done/Moore(G Bud) Owen(Netherton, Tabley) Spragg/Witter(Goostrey) Youd(Frodsham) Pennell Bankes Birchall Beckett
DBY: Higginbottom(Mellor)
HRT: Gurney
HRT/BED/ESS: Verney (Markyate St)
LAN: Davenport(Bolton) Schofield/Gurney(Oldham) Lord(Heap) Quinn(Manchester) Sutcliffe(Rossendale)
NTH: Tubb/Johnson(Hellidon)Brown(Kettering)
YKS: Scott(Clapham)

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 30 August 06 00:12 BST (UK) »
Glad we could LEAVE you with something to do!!!! ;) J.J.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline Janice M

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 05 September 06 04:18 BST (UK) »
Thought I would give you these, just in case you don't already have this information.

(Wentworth Co):
Thomas BECKETT,
farmer,
Cheshire England, Barton,
s/o Thomas & Elizabeth,
married
Agnes Hannah RYMAL,
Barton, same,
d/o John & Agnes,
witn: W.L. RYCKMAN of Barton & William DRAYTON of Hamilton,
Date of Marriage: 26 March 1879 at St. Peters Church, Barton

(Wentworth Co):
Henry Lees BECKETT.
farmer,
Hamilton, Barton,
s/o Henry BECKETT & Annie THOMSTONE,
married
Alice Lenora BAGOT,
Milwaukee USA, Hamilton,
d/o Charles Paul BAGOT & Emma M. MARTIN (or Murtin),
witn: R.F. BAGOT of Hamilton & M. Alice BECKETT of Barton, Date of Marriage: 28 April 1902 at Barton

Janice
Elder, Stewart, Johnston, Baskerville, Marks, Carson, Leitch, Bulloch, Thomson, Allen, Campbell, Gordon, Murray, Kelly, Chambers, Black, Cheyne, Youngson, Williamsdaughter, Anderson, Briggs, Pirie, Clark, Philp, Mannel, Lander, Rough, Lean, Bate, Brown, Oliver, Kitt, Shards, Bennet, Young, Petrie, Wylie, Herbertson, Martin, McAlister, Best, Ginn, Ross, McIntosh, McGillivray, Russell, Pettigrew, Fyfe, Barrie

Offline JDGen

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 05 September 06 08:49 BST (UK) »
Thanks to all for your help and information, thought I would provide an update.  Henry & Ann (senior) went to Canada via New York on the "Universe" in 1855 sailing from Liverpool with children Charles and Samuel.  I suspect, but can't find yet, that Frederick and Henry jnr went out slightly earlier.

The Thomas who married Agnes Rymal has turned out to be my ggrandfathers up to now missing brother (!) who must have gone to join his uncle.  He is there with his brother John (also missing up to now!) and Agnes in the 1881 census.  I've also been given Thomas and Agnes death registrations, 1909 and 1907 respectively which confirm Thomas to be one of mine.  There is also a registration for a John Beckett in 1930 informed by his cousin Henry Beckett - he looks to be mine although the parents names are wrong.  I can't see Thomas, Agnes or John in 1901 Canada, or John in 1911 or in the 1891 transcription although I realise this isn't complete.

Three of the children of Henry Beckett and Ann Thompstone married Baghott siblings!  I have a reasonable amount of information on them. 

Still following all these branches and finding new information.

Thanks for all the help, what have you started!!  ;D

Jean

PS. I do have the 1871 census for the families from my contact.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

CHS: Barber(Tabley) Barlow(Antrobus) Blackshaw(Lymm, Mobberley) Blease/Done/Moore(G Bud) Owen(Netherton, Tabley) Spragg/Witter(Goostrey) Youd(Frodsham) Pennell Bankes Birchall Beckett
DBY: Higginbottom(Mellor)
HRT: Gurney
HRT/BED/ESS: Verney (Markyate St)
LAN: Davenport(Bolton) Schofield/Gurney(Oldham) Lord(Heap) Quinn(Manchester) Sutcliffe(Rossendale)
NTH: Tubb/Johnson(Hellidon)Brown(Kettering)
YKS: Scott(Clapham)