Author Topic: marriage and baptism/births in Alloa?  (Read 16788 times)

Offline llewellyn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: marriage and baptism/births in Alloa?
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 29 October 06 15:08 GMT (UK) »
thank you for your answers elizabeth"s maiden is izatt her mother and father were william and janet izatt. she married a william keddie when James was 6 years old and believe that is why he sometimes referred to william as his fatherbut he was not,.  James later married a mary dryburgh and had 12 children one which was my grandfather  Richard Izatt.  Thank you again

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 29 October 06 15:29 GMT (UK) »
Llewellyn

Have you viewed the marriage cert. for Elizabeth Izatt and William Keddie in 1863 in Dunfermline, Fife?

Monica

PS You might be able to tell that I still have hopes for the James Izatt & Elizabeth Izatt family. A James Izatt died in Fife in 1861. I am wondering if it might have been a second marriage for your Elizabeth. The marriage cert would show status, i.e. spinster/ widow.

Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 29 October 06 15:43 GMT (UK) »
Llewellyn

The 1871 Census clearly shows just one child for Elizabeth now in the Keddie household. James son with an age of 17 and birth in Clackmannan.  The other James and Elizabeth I think are just a 'red herring'....pity!

Offline shirldeen

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 13 January 07 17:04 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to find the marriage of John Hall and Margaret?..children Francis born abt. 1830 and Robert Bruce born abt. 1833..1841 census has them in Clackmannan..francis came to Canada in 1854  my GrGrGrandfather and brother Robert Bruce went to England, and help would be appreciated

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 13 January 07 19:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Shirldeen

Welcome to RootsChat  :)

There are actual extracts for the christenings of a Francis and Robert on IGI, although the years look a little earlier than what you have:

FRANCIS HALL  - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Christening: 20 FEB 1824 Clackmannan, Clackmannan, Scotland

ROBERT HALL  - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Christening: 18 OCT 1826 Clackmannan, Clackmannan, Scotland

This looks like the parents' marriage, an actual extract from the OPRs on IGI:

JOHN HALL  Marriages: Spouse:  MARGARET MCARTHUR    
Marriage:  18 FEB 1808  Clackmannan, Clackmannan, Scotland

Regards.

Monica

Offline golfer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 29 April 07 19:00 BST (UK) »
I would like to clarify and further amplify Shirldeen's posting. John Hall (b.1797)Clackmannan (d. 17 June 1860), wife Margaret (suspect Thomson)b.1795. They appear together in the 1841 Scotland census with two sons Francis(b.1829) and Rbt Bruce(b.1833). In the 1851 census Francis reappears in Salsburg, Lanarkshire, Scotland lodging with a Marshall family. He immigrated to Canada in 1854. Rbt Bruce reappears in the 1881 British census in Bishopwearmouth, Durham, England with his wife Sarah and two dtrs Mary and Margaret. He was a Master Mariner. Need to cfm John's wife Margaret's family name, date of marriage and her date of death. Finally, it is suspected John and Margaret also had at least one other son, named John. I apologize for this lengthy reply. For Monica - it appears your individuals are not of the right line. Cheers, Golfer. May I suggest that Shirldeen's original posting, and Monica and Golfer's reply's be removed from the Marriage and baptisms/births in Alloa posting as they are unrelated and place them with John Hall - Clackmannanshire. Is it possible to do this?

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 01 June 10 11:32 BST (UK) »
I know this is re-opening an old postin, but came across it by accident  :D (checking on the Marshall family).
Did anything come up with the death of John Hall c1860 Golfer as can find no info on SP.  Am still (like you) unsure of Margaret ? have been looking at it for a number of years.  I always seem to come back to three possibilities.
Margaret mcNaughton, Margaret McArthur and Margaret McDiarmid ???

Has anything new evolved...would love to know.

All the best Patvp
Hall (Dunblane) Robertson (Clackmannanshire) Sneddon (Clackmannan) Cramb (Perthshire) Marshall (Clackmmannan) Michie (Clackmannan) Stewart (Perthshire) Ferguson (Perthshire) McKay (Perthshire) McLaren (Perthshire) Moir (Perthshire)
West Yorkshire - Allott, Riley, Charlesworth, Barker, Harper, Rubery, Darlison, Vaughan.

Offline golfer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 04 June 10 22:38 BST (UK) »
G'day Pat. Same old, same old. I have a copy of John's Scotland death cert showing wife's name Margaret and Francis' Canadian death cert showing his father's name John. However, Margaret WHO? Dates eliminate McArthur, McNaughton, McDiarmid. In my opinion she is Margaret Thomson, yet to be confirmed. For such a small area, Clackmannan sure had plenty of Halls, including John's and Francis'. Cheers, Golfer.

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 05 June 10 04:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Golfer - Like you this is driving me mad.... I cannot even find a DEATH for John, let alone anything else  ???.

The only reason I sort of plumped for Margaret McDiarmid was because on the 1851 census Margaret is listed as being born in Kinnoull Fifeshire.

Wonder if it may be worth the money to get a copy of Robert Bruce death cert and see what that says..maybe a long shot  ;D.
Even having problems with that family aaagh...Sarah (Hood) and Robert had the two daughters Mary and Margaret and yet in the 1901 census there is a daughter-in-law Winifred born 1881 in Sandhurst, Kent..now how is that possible  ::).

Am going nuts here..not good for my blood pressure LOL

All the best..Pat
Hall (Dunblane) Robertson (Clackmannanshire) Sneddon (Clackmannan) Cramb (Perthshire) Marshall (Clackmmannan) Michie (Clackmannan) Stewart (Perthshire) Ferguson (Perthshire) McKay (Perthshire) McLaren (Perthshire) Moir (Perthshire)
West Yorkshire - Allott, Riley, Charlesworth, Barker, Harper, Rubery, Darlison, Vaughan.