Author Topic: RICHARDS of Lawford and/or Manningtree  (Read 796 times)

Offline Neko

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
RICHARDS of Lawford and/or Manningtree
« on: Tuesday 29 August 06 07:48 BST (UK) »
very interested in learning the parents names for Elizabeth Richards b. abt 1755 probably in Lawford, possibly bapt. in Manningtree. she is my 4x great grandmother.
not able to access records so would greatly appreciate a look-up.
I don't know anything more about her, but her children's names may give a clue to her siblings and parent's names.

her children's names;
William
James
Joseph
Elizabeth
Hezekiah
Mary Richards
Hezekiah Richards
James
Anne
John Wainwright
Hannah
Thomas
Maria
Thomas
Thomas

were her parents Hezekiah and Mary Richards? was her mother's maiden name Wainwright? the problem is, with exception to Hezekiah, the given names could be in either family. there are a number of Hezekiah Richards in the area, and they are connected to Lawford and Colchester.
many thanks to anyone who can find Elizabeth's possibly non-conformist baptism for me.
Airey Aitken Atkinson Alston Barr*tt Cross Freeman Gage Harlock Harris Hawkins Head Hudd Parker Peckover Pennington Rayner Richards Seaman Smith Smyth Waterfall

Elizabeth Burnham, Mary Church, John Davis Cooper, Hannah Cork, Aubrey Cross, Mary J. Docwra, Elizabeth Griffiths, Chas Halifax, John Head, Lavinia King, Mary & Martha Mayhew, Alfred Augustus Mayo, Wm Pettit, Hezekiah Richards, Martha Sewell, Rebecca Sidnell, Hannah Smith, Augustin Smyth, Annie Southan, Catherine Till/Tell, Fanny Watt