Author Topic: Our Ancestors #2  (Read 24434 times)

Offline PaulaToo

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me 'n Gerry
    • View Profile
Re: Our Ancestors
« Reply #108 on: Tuesday 11 July 06 09:39 BST (UK) »
...and it helps if I add the picture before pressing 'Post'
 :D
Bartlett/Henley on Thames
Caponhurst/Buckinghamshire and?
Denchfield/North Marston/Bucks
Webb/Winchester
Mathias/Pembroke/Pembroke Dock
John/Pembroke/Pembroke Dock
Smith/Portsmouth/Portsea
Purchas/Bucks and?
Olliffe/Bucks

Offline Emmeline

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Emma Louisa Tricker (1885-1958)
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: Tuesday 11 July 06 11:10 BST (UK) »
Hello Everyone

Saz - good to hear from you. I think the photo of Auntie and friends is really lovely. It is sad to think that the old grave-yard is now a car-park of all things  ::)

Taid - Sally had very beautiful eyes -  another sad loss especially to her family.

Paula - That's the sort of thing I do - forget the photo ! I laughed at your description of Eliza Ann and her fascinating lifestyle. Of such things are family history made.
The photo of you at your christening ( it must be you) was lovely. Do you still have the christening robe in the family?
It reminded me that mine was made of parachute silk and had a butterfly worked on the top centre panel.
I was told that the morning I was christened the church had been bombed - my mother's description of the open roof and the screaming baby was quite humorous.

I promised Elliebob I would post a photo of my other Grandma who also loved large hats........ she was Annie Mary Jennings.

Offline pentio

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: Tuesday 11 July 06 12:15 BST (UK) »
Hi saz

lovely photo of your Aunt and friends at Ballycraigy Church....i resized it for you.

pentio.

Offline Emmeline

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Emma Louisa Tricker (1885-1958)
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: Tuesday 11 July 06 12:21 BST (UK) »
You see what promotion has done for you Pentio ::) ::)

Well done.

Offline stevenson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sarah Twig Jr in 1950
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: Tuesday 11 July 06 17:29 BST (UK) »
Thanks Pentio for the resizing...must get Saz to alter hers as its made us all biggggggggggggggger.

Emmeline.............What a big hat...looks really old that picture....Grace looks like you did at the same age, same look when you wouldn't leave the dustbin alone...hee hee

Taid....how very sad about Sally....she was such a lovely looking woman

Paula....you could right a book about Eliza.......maybe the family never approved of the man...thats why she didn't marry...well at least one of them ;D...can we hear more about her please

Saz...........WHERE/WHEN DID YOU GET THAT PHOTOGRAPH........never seen that one before,thought I had managed to pinch them all...................and doesn't Auntie look lovely.(shame about the graves)

keep them coming folks

Steve
<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: Tuesday 11 July 06 17:43 BST (UK) »
Got a bit of a hold up with a possessive sister who seemed to think that the album might meet with an accident on the way back - she didn't worry whether I would though  ::) ::) ::)

And it's one of those that has sticky stuff and plastic - they'll be ruined.

She's renaged on her part of the bargain and I am not very pleased  >:( >:( >:(

Families - who'd have 'em  : ;D

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Elliebob

• RootsChat Senior
  • Maggie Wright 1889-1949
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: Tuesday 11 July 06 18:04 BST (UK) »
More lovely, lovely pictures and interesting tales. 

Emmeline - I just love the big hat. 

Taid - it's so sad to read of lovely young people who died so early.

I'm off to my parents' tonight and plan to borrow their album to scan.

Ellen
Court, Stratford on Avon, Dorsington, Welford<br />Faulkner,Glos/Warwicks<br />Higgins, Quinton<br />Bennett, Stoke on Trent<br />Stride, Hampshire<br />Wright, Stoke on Trent<br />McConnell, Co Donegal<br />Brooks, Co Donegal, Antrim<br />Jackson, Warwickshire/Isle of Wight/India/army<br />Keefe, Essex, Hampshire/Isle of Wight/army/india<br, Queensland aus. />Chatfield, Sussex

Offline stevenson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sarah Twig Jr in 1950
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: Tuesday 11 July 06 18:35 BST (UK) »
Gadget......Possessive sisters who would have them.............. ;D have fun peeling them off................

Ellie and Gadget ...looking forward to seeing them all soon

Managed to get one my parents wedding in the scanner at last

Steve
<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline pentio

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: Tuesday 11 July 06 18:47 BST (UK) »
Emmeline :)

as long as the promotion doesn't go to my head .......lol...more lovely photos....by the way do you like wearing big hats?

Steve :)

What a great photo of your mum and dad's wedding its wonderful......love it....very good looking couple and look at the style.......were they married in Belfast?

Pentio.