Author Topic: Death Certificate  (Read 1336 times)

Offline jayeg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Death Certificate
« on: Tuesday 29 August 06 19:01 BST (UK) »
Can anyone out there help me I'm trying to find out when my GGGrandmother died, I've been through the BMD site from 1901 to 1952 and can't find it. Her name was Emmaline Susannah Rimmer (Ward) b 1852 in Notting Hill, she married William Rimmer in 1876 and lived in Liverpool, she was on the 1901 census, William died in 1922 and their son Ernest was present at the death I don't know where else to look anyone got any ideas?
Jayne ???
Rooney,Baillie,Rimmer,
Banks,Cartwright

Online nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
Re: Death Certificate
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 29 August 06 19:08 BST (UK) »
Just a thought.......could she have remarried and so be registered under another name?

Which BMD site did you use?  FreeBMD is not complete.

Nanny Jan
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 29 August 06 20:25 BST (UK) »
Was William described as a widower at death?   Have you looked at electoral rolls to see who lived in the house?  Did he leave a will?  What happened to Ernest?   I expect his mum stayed near him.
It might be worth writing to Liverpool register office.  There is always a chance that the death was not sent to the main office.  Have you search local cemetery records.  Where was William buried?
Just in case you have not searched the full records all BMDs are free to search on www.ancestry.co.uk but make sure you chose the full version, not the freeBMD one.    It is a slim chance but if Rimmer was written badly it could be mistranscribed - Kimmer?  Rinmer etc
Andrea

Offline xtonaud

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 29 August 06 23:08 BST (UK) »

http://www.lan-opc.org.uk/indexp.html

Liverpool is vast but you could e mail the on-line parish clerk to find which records have been extracted, it would help if you knew the area of Liverpool? Likewise another possible lancs parish at time of death could have extracted records here

Audrey H
census records are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Harrison; Iddon; Jolly; Laithwaite; Livesey; Pilkington; Robinson; Shorrock ; Smith - Lancashire;  Boden; Morgan ;   - Shropshire/Montgomeryshire; Cragg ; Shepherd - Westmorland

Offline jayeg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 30 August 06 10:18 BST (UK) »
Thanks for replying so quickly it's much appreciated. William was not described as widowed or married on his death certifcate,
How do I search electoral records?
How do I search cemetry records?
How do I find out where William was buried?
Ernest lived just down the road from William at 6 Lomond rd, William lived at 30 Lomond rd.
 Have been through full  bmd on ancestry from 1901 to 1952, have also looked at Kimmer and Rimner
Jayne
Rooney,Baillie,Rimmer,
Banks,Cartwright

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 30 August 06 18:39 BST (UK) »
You will need to contact the local record office to see who holds the electoral rolls for that time.  They will also know which cemeteries were in use at that time and where their records are.  Many are still kept at the cemetery.
Local papers often have funeral and obituary details.  Again they will be at the record office or if you are near London they are all held at Colindale.   I have just thought about wills too.  If William left a will then she might be mentioned and if not it may be an indication that she is already dead.
Andrea

Offline jayeg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 31 August 06 11:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Andrea,
          Thanks very much for all that I will get on to local office now
Jayne
Rooney,Baillie,Rimmer,
Banks,Cartwright