Author Topic: Bird Family Sandhurst Cross area  (Read 598 times)

Offline janet bird

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Bird Family Sandhurst Cross area
« on: Thursday 04 November 04 14:20 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to find information on Matthew Bird and information on Esther Ellen Saunders who married at The Parish Church in the Parish of Sandhurst in 1904.  Matthew's father was Thomas Bird occ Hawker and Esthers father was Thomas Saunders also a Hawker.  The witnesses are Alfred Meades and Sarah Ann Meades.  The registeration dist is Cranbrook.  Matthew was 20 and Esther 21 - the only birth records I can find are Caister for a Saunders and W Derbyshire for Matthew (there are two for that year) so they could have travelled to Kent ?

They had Thomas Bird in June 1906 at The Cross Sandhurst.  Matthew bird gave his occupation as being a licensed fisher hawker.  I cannot locate Matthew or Esther on the 1901 census (so frustrating).

Thomas Bird went on to marry Rose Smith in 1928 at The Register Office in Tonbridge and his occ was Agr Laborer and Rose Smith was Dom Serv Thomas was residing at Red Cottages in Pembury and Rose at 53 Mt Ephriam Tunbridge Wells.  Rose Smiths father was Mark Smith (yet another hawker)!!

Can anyone provide any info they have to help me.

Fingers crossed.

Janet