Author Topic: Albert SWEETMAN  (Read 4480 times)

Offline Necromancer

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I've updated my profile ......
    • View Profile
Re: Albert Sweetman
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 02 September 06 12:03 BST (UK) »
Looks like we have all found the same basic info ..

Just a cursory look - the only specific match for the full name shows a Wincanton Dorset birth 1887 and a Hants marriage 1904 (but with no Carries in the record).
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Mobo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Family History - the ultimate detective story
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 02 September 06 12:13 BST (UK) »
 ;D ;D ;D

I've looked at the 1881 Census and that Albert V SWEETMAN's age is shown as 12 months, and his brother Alfred's is shown as 1 month, which is very odd, as such an age would usually be shown as 1year, also, there's no birth record for 1880.  However, there is one for 1879 in Kensington, London and I'm inclined to think this is he but that his age should have been shown as 2 on 1881 Census.  I think this rules him out as the correct candidate, as he was born too early.   Also, his father was a carpenter, whereas the other Albert's father was a farmer.

;D ;D ;D
BUCKLEY, Ches. & Lancs, DUNN, Ireland & Lancs. EDGSON, Rutland, Leics & Lancs. LYON, Lancs. McNULTY, Ireland & Lancs. MORRIS, Beds, Hunts & Lancs. SWARBRICK, Lancs. TURNER, Lancs. WILLIAMSON, Lancs.

All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline pilandray

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 02 September 06 13:20 BST (UK) »
Wow,

What a response to my query!

The Wincanton bit fits in well as my grandmother came from there and her father was Richard.
It was only a guess that Albert was related as I read the info in a letter to her where he was talking about his wife Carrie who was a schoolmistress and his children Ann And Russell. He said he was farming in Buckingham.

Thank you all so much for all the help. I can now graft him onto my family tree!

Kind regards,
Pilandray.
Donkin, (Durham Sunderland ) Beach, May, (Devon Cornwall )
Costello, Bracken. (Ireland)  
Cole, Hutton, Betteridge, Dedamess, Elcock, Winter, Brooks, Gardner,(Hampshire )Dennis, Bramley, , Hunt, Hiscock, Sweetman, Shute, Trimby, Brooks, Howes, Lydford, Read, Hannam, Cox, Raymond, Spearing, Doggerel, Cossen, Green, Colborn, Bennett.   (Somerset, Dorset,