Author Topic: COMPLETED James Moore of Cranbrook  (Read 650 times)

Offline BevL

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
COMPLETED James Moore of Cranbrook
« on: Sunday 03 September 06 07:33 BST (UK) »
James is proving a very frustrating ancestor.  I have found his marriage to Sarah French (from Ticehurst) in 1805, then the baptism of John in 1806 and he was a witness at John's marriage to Mary Love (from Beneden) in 1829.  The thing that is worrying me is that John's baptism shows Cranbrook Parish and the next birth attributed to James & Sarah is 1810 and continues on till 1825.  All the births from 1810 onwards show a birth and baptism date at Cranbrook on the Hill-Independent (Per family search) and the 1841/51 census show the address as 4 Cranbrook on the Hill, so this would be right.
John emigrated to Western Australia in 1842 with his wife and 4 children (and in the 1841 census, it showed him working at Tillsden Farm).
What I am concerned about is that the family search has the 8 born and baptised as all belonging to the one family, but John is not included - even though there is a record of his baptism F=James, M=Sarah the year after their wedding.
It is becoming for me increasingly hard to find out James' actual birth year and parents, but everything points to Cranbrook on the Hill-Indepent for information and that is very 'scarce on the ground'.  Sarah's family were much more amenable and I was able to backtrack her family with ease.
Can someone help me??
MOORE (Kent) & FRENCH (Sussex) & Western Australia, LOVE (Kent), ROPER 1810 (N Ireland). ADAM 1808 (Paisley), Scotland, Victoria & West Aust, TROTTER 1700's onwards  Northern Ireland, Scotland & Aust, FLAHERTY 1791/2 (Ireland) CHAPMAN (Kent) &  Western Australia, CARROLL & POWER. Ireland & Western  Australia, FISHER  Lancashire & Western Australia, FIDLER Denton, Lancashire, Victoria, MARSH Essex & Western Australia, COOPER - Southwark, London, Victoria
All to the lucky country.