Author Topic: John and Lucretia Morgan - Gloucester  (Read 4201 times)

Offline Siani

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
John and Lucretia Morgan - Gloucester
« on: Thursday 04 November 04 20:52 GMT (UK) »
Having just discovered this forum, I am hoping that someone might be able to shed some light on my Morgan family.  All my ancestors to date have come from West Wales, namely Carmarthenshire, Cardiganshire and Pembrokeshire.  Last week, I discovered that my 3rd great grandfather, Evan Morgan was born in the city of Gloucester on 21 January 1808.  He was christened in St Mary de Crypt on 17th February 1808 and was the son of John Morgan and Lucretia.  I have also found that he had a brother, John, who was christened in St Mary de Lode on 11th October 1811.  Evan went on to marry a Welsh girl, Anne from the parish of Llanwennog in Cardiganshire and was a stonemason by profession.  I have them living in the Carmarthenshire parish of Llanfihangel Rhosycorn in Carmarthenshire in the 1841 census. 
Two of his sons were also stonemasons. 
I am now desperately trying to find out if Evan's parents, John Morgan and Lucretia were also born in Gloucester, as I have found no trace of them in Wales. Unfortunately, I have no maiden name for Lucretia. I would appreciate any help/suggestions in locating their marriage (possibly in either of the St. Marys, Gloucester), or indeed as to their wherabouts in the 1841 census, Gloucester.  Any help would be very much appreciated.
Best wishes,
Siani