Author Topic: John LEWIS - Ann GABRIEL Marriage 1815.  (Read 4558 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
John LEWIS - Ann GABRIEL Marriage 1815.
« on: Monday 04 September 06 18:04 BST (UK) »
I am wishing to find descendants of the Marriage of John Lewis and Ann Gabriel which took place at Ruyton Of The Eleven Towns Shropshire,on the 4th of October 1815..Children of the couple I have found so far are Thomas born West Felton in c 1820,and Elizabeth born in West Felton in c 1822.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: John Lewis-Ann Gabriel Marriage 1815.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 05 September 06 10:54 BST (UK) »
Have you found any of them in the census?

All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 05 September 06 11:08 BST (UK) »
Doing a search of the IGI using batch number C037551 for West Felton baptisms 1810  - 1865, shows the following:

Jane Lewis
25 November 1821

Thomas Lewis
17 October 1819

John Lewis
1818 (only the year)

All are showing Father: John Lewis and Mother: Anne, and all extracted records.

Can't see Elizabeth, but I assume the IGI is not complete.

West Felton records will be available to view on microfilm at the Shropshire Archives,
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 05 September 06 12:21 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for your reply,and it seems there was another son Edward born c 1817,and the Jane it seems also went by the name of Elizabeth,and from 1861 she is down in the Census as Jane Elizabeth.It seems John had died by 1841,for Ann and Edward and Elizabeth are together in Ruyton X1 Towns.In 1861 Elizabeth has by now married a Richard Parry given as born in 1817 in West Felton,and she has her Mother living with them.In 1861 the Family are at the home of Thomas in Liverpool where "Elizabeth" is shown as Jane Elizabeth Parry widow.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 05 September 06 12:24 BST (UK) »
There was an error of course,for when I said by 1861 Elizabeth had married Richard Parry,it should have course have been 1851.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John LEWIS - Ann GABRIEL Marriage 1815.
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 05 September 06 12:40 BST (UK) »

Let me know if you would like me to check out the parish registers at the Archives. 

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 05 September 06 13:00 BST (UK) »
If you could check out the Marriage please,as I would like to know who the John Lewis was,as I am quietly getting to grips with the Gabriel "jigsaw"!

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 05 September 06 13:19 BST (UK) »
OK......it's on my list :D

P.S.  What about the West Felton registers for baptisms?

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 05 September 06 13:34 BST (UK) »
I think that there were only four children,perhaps John could have died shotly after Jane's Birth,the only one I have yet to find is Edward in c 1817.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire