Author Topic: Census look-up - Louthin (part 2)  (Read 773 times)

Offline Sasha

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Census look-up - Louthin (part 2)
« on: Tuesday 05 September 06 11:14 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I wasn't sure whether to post this on the Middlesex or North Yorkshire board.

I'm trying to track two 'Louthin's' who were born in London but seem to have moved to North Yorkshire.  I'm hoping that I can prove a connection between them.

I've already asked for information on Eleanor Louthin on a previous post.  I'm hoping to connect her to Thomas Patterson Coburg Louthin, and to find him on the 1861 and 1871 census.

In 1851 he is living in Chelsea, aged 34 (so born c.1817 in London), married to Sarah Susanna (born c.1824 Marylebone).  His children include Eleanor Harriet Louthin (born c.1850 Marylebone) and Augusta Matilda Louthin (born c.1855 London) and also two sons who unfortunately die prior to the 1861 census.

I don't know where they were in 1861 but there is a death for Augusta Matilda in 1870, Auckland, Durham and for Thomas Louthin in 1873, Leyburn (from freebmd), so it looks like they moved up north sometime between 1851 and 1870.

There is a possible for Thomas listed on the 1871 census index - Thomas Lougharn, born 1817 in London and living in Yorkshire, married to Mary.  I can't find Thomas 'Lougharn' listed for any other year so wondered if this is a mistranscription of Louthin.

Any help in finding Thomas Louthin in either the 1861 or 1871 census would be much appreciated.

Jo.

Offline Lynne Tann-Watson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Census look-up - Louthin (part 2)
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 21 October 21 19:43 BST (UK) »
I realise this question was posted a very long time ago and that you have probably found the information you wnated but in case you haven't, Thomas Patterson Coburn Louthin was my 3xgt grandfather and I have a fairly clear picture of most of his life and those of his family. Let me know if you want to connect on this
Peace  and love
Lynne