Author Topic: Tipper Family Bible / ** Completed **  (Read 6445 times)

Offline eileenb

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Tipper Family Bible / ** Completed **
« on: Thursday 04 November 04 23:22 GMT (UK) »
Moderator Comment:
This bible now has a home.  Topic retained because of the connection to the topic mentioned below :)

I have been looking for a home for this bible for a number of years now with no luck.

It was printed for the British & Foreign Bible Society in 1836 and sold to Subscribers only, at their depository, Earl St Blackfriars London.

There are 20 names, most with birth dates covering the period
14 November 1833 - Joseph to
09 December 1899 - Percy John
after this date there are 3 further entries for Alfred Ernest, Edith Ann? and Lucy May.

Unfortunately, there is no indication of the area in which the family lived but it was found in a second hand book shop in Malvern, Worcs.

Free to a good home.
Hampshire -  Lewis & Mitchell & Hutchins
Lancs - Tattersall & Dillon
Wilts - Vockins, Chapman, Alexander
Fairground Travellers - Dillon Family

Offline MalH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Tipper Family Bible
« Reply #1 on: Friday 20 May 05 11:24 BST (UK) »
Hello Eileen, I don't know if you are the same person that  I contacted some years ago regarding the Tipper bible but if you are...at that time you didn't think that I had enough names in it to make it mine! You gave me the names of some other people who had tried for it and one of them proved to be a 4th cousin!  I have recently received an email from someone else on Rootschat who thought I might be interested. I note that you might have found a home for it already.
MalH

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 20 May 05 11:49 BST (UK) »
Hi MalH,

Welcome to RootsChat !!

If you're interested in the TIPPER bible, have a look at this thread
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,59481.0.html

regards,
Bob
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Duke

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 20 May 05 14:28 BST (UK) »
Regarding the Tipper family - I believe Edith Ann (Annie) is my maternal grandmother born 17/8/1905 died 19/2/1997. Her father was Edwin Joseph Tipper born 1869 died 1936.

Edith married James Knowles (9/6/1928) and had seven children  - the eldest, Mary (6/1/1930 - 29/7/1999) was my mother.

The family lived in and around Worcester.

I am keen to share any available information with anyone who is interested.

Has the bible found a good home?

Duke.

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 20 May 05 14:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Duke,

Welcome to RootsChat,

nice to see some interest in this bible.

I am keen to share any available information with anyone who is interested.

have you aso seen this topic ??? http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,59481.0.html

regards,
Bob
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline MalH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 20 May 05 15:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Duke, and thanks for your reply. I seem to have regenerated some interest in the Tipper bible. While I do have some Edwin's in my tree, none of them seen to fit the birth-date criteria. Most of mine came from the Scropton area of south Derbyshire and Tutbury over the border in north Staffordshire. But like you, I am interested in the family as a whole and if I can be of any help to you in your search let me know.